Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG not now! What do I do!?

tag
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Re: OMG not now! What do I do!?

Good news. The clinic pulled the account, as they recieved the payment the same day they sent it to collections. It won't be on our report. Whew!!

We are getting a mortgage through a local bank, not any one national. I always tell people to shop around their local area and ask the banks their minimum score requirement. I found several banks with a 580 midscore needed where I live. I also found many banks that will do a loan regardless of your score if you have 10 or 20 percent down. Good luck! 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Wow.. relief!!!   I also agree to go local if possible.  I did with my mortgage.  They keep 95% of their loans in house.  Which means I'm 5 minutes from where I took my loan out.  I have a friend that got his at the same time, about a year and a half ago and it's been sold twice.  I like stability.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 12 of 13
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Thanks Shogun. I feel a million times better. Now if I could just get that same agency to fix their bs reporting of the other accounts I paid in full I'd dance the jig. That and that dang capital one card that hasn't updated in 3 months on EQ. It's no wonder scorewatch does not give me any updates. Those other scores have gone up, as of today, 152 points on TU and 161 on EX. I guess I should just do the jig over those increases. Thanks again for your advice. 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.