Shellie
Valued Contributor

Re: ONLINE Collections Success!

Got my letter. They say they will update it as paid. No luck for me Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 18
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

I got the same letter back.  Give it a few weeks & then try GW again.  Be as sincere & apologetic as possible (for letting it go to collections) & play up that you're trying to rebuild your credit by correcting old mistakes.  The second time I did this with them I got a letetr back saying they would delete from all the bureaus & they did.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 13 of 18
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Great success story! I think allowing it to report as PAID on your credit report was a good decision, to the poster a few above this one. I believe they are more willing to remove a tradeline when it has already been reported. I GW'd AFNI right after I paid my collections and got the general response back:

Afni thanks you for your payment. Accordingly, in the normal course of business, Afni will report that that we have received payment in full of your account, and will report a $0 balance.  This will reflect the accurate status of this account.  We understand that you are seeking removal of this tradeline from your credit report; however, to remain in good standing with the credit reporting agencies, Afni’s policy is to furnish the accurate status only.

Granted I didn't send an attachment with my PIF letters that I could print from their website so that may have been a small factor in their decision. I am going to wait until it reports as PAID from now on for any collection I do pay without PFD before I even try to GW them.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 14 of 18
Shellie
Valued Contributor

It was already being reported correctly as paid. So for my objective it was not successful.
Message 15 of 18
Tsuyoi
Valued Member

@Shellie wrote:
It was already being reported correctly as paid. So for my objective it was not successful.

I would continue to try.  It may have something to do with how long the collection has been settled.

Current Utilization: 0% / ~$50,000 AAoA: 7-8 Years Installment: ~$50,000 Student Loans / ~$2,000 Car Loan
Current Scores:
   TU08 - 812 (8/5 BarclaysCard)
   EQ08 - 843 (7/28 Citi - Bankcard/900)
Goal: Buying our first home!
Message 16 of 18
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I have the grounds to file a complaint but we recently moved and I've missed placed one of my necessary documents so I haven't filed yet.  I just thought I would give the GW a try.  I will probably try again.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tsuyoi

I read your story that you successfully remove collection report for Online collections. I also got 2 collection from them on all 3 bureau on last week. I started mortgage shopping and now this hurts me a lot. I called them and pay the collection. Can you please share with me the email and contact info, where i can send GW letter to Online Collections.

Thanks

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.