Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsessing

tag
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Obsessing

Arrrgghh ...I had begun taking the credit stuff in stride until this past month when Asset Acceptance got removed. I immediately refinanced my car loan from 14% to 6.99%, and asked my credit union to use the same pull to change my secured $500 card to an unsecured $1000--which they did. I found out my middle FICO probably made me mortgage eligible and that I meet qualifications for a downpayment assistance grant, but won't for very long as my income is close to max to qualify. So, put in mortgage app (currently held up for approval of a job gap). CapOne gave me an auto-CLI increase from 300 to 500, and I couldn't stop myself from requesting recon for a higher limit, as well as asking Citi for CLI. Both declined & I know I shouldn't have done it with mortgage in play.

Meanwhile, I got a BUNCH of little paid collections and such off of my reports within about a week. My CK scored jumped by 15 points and that's without my utilization improvement and CLI. My FICO score usually trends similarly to CK, and I'm dying to see. I'm dying to see how this jumble of stuff reports--up, down, same?  I have a quarterly TU coming up on the 18th of the month .... I am absolutely dying to pull that early or pull the reports for the other CBs. I am telling myself how silly this is. Why would I pull TU early, when I have one coming in couple weeks? How could I justify pulling the other two when I just did that for a few weeks back? Still .... just DYING to see the impact of all these deletions, etc.

I can't believe how much I obsess. The more success I have, the more over-excited and single-minded I become.  :-0  How do I stop myself from checking over & over with each significant change?? I was doing really well before this, by scheduling how often I could do certain things like writing letters or checking CK. But, with multiple changes, I am very, very eager to check my scores, like NOW! Resisting so far. Don't know how long I'll be able to, though. Eeekk.

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Re: Obsessing

@lavencedora wrote:

Arrrgghh ...I had begun taking the credit stuff in stride until this past month when Asset Acceptance got removed. I immediately refinanced my car loan from 14% to 6.99%, and asked my credit union to use the same pull to change my secured $500 card to an unsecured $1000--which they did. I found out my middle FICO probably made me mortgage eligible and that I meet qualifications for a downpayment assistance grant, but won't for very long as my income is close to max to qualify. So, put in mortgage app (currently held up for approval of a job gap). CapOne gave me an auto-CLI increase from 300 to 500, and I couldn't stop myself from requesting recon for a higher limit, as well as asking Citi for CLI. Both declined & I know I shouldn't have done it with mortgage in play.

Meanwhile, I got a BUNCH of little paid collections and such off of my reports within about a week. My CK scored jumped by 15 points and that's without my utilization improvement and CLI. My FICO score usually trends similarly to CK, and I'm dying to see. I'm dying to see how this jumble of stuff reports--up, down, same?  I have a quarterly TU coming up on the 18th of the month .... I am absolutely dying to pull that early or pull the reports for the other CBs. I am telling myself how silly this is. Why would I pull TU early, when I have one coming in couple weeks? How could I justify pulling the other two when I just did that for a few weeks back? Still .... just DYING to see the impact of all these deletions, etc.

I can't believe how much I obsess. The more success I have, the more over-excited and single-minded I become.  :-0  How do I stop myself from checking over & over with each significant change?? I was doing really well before this, by scheduling how often I could do certain things like writing letters or checking CK. But, with multiple changes, I am very, very eager to check my scores, like NOW! Resisting so far. Don't know how long I'll be able to, though. Eeekk.

As far as the Mortgage is concerned....your EX and TU scores here won't be the same scores the lender pulls, so I would save the $40.   Unless you're a member with Penfed or DCU...the only way of getting a score a mortgage lender pulls, would be to buy an EQ FICO from EQ.com...(Score Power or ScoreWatch).

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 2 of 4
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for that great info (and advice). I have been very confused about the various scores available and where you can get anything resembling real.  I still have the urge to compare the latest from this site to pevious scores & get an idea of what the bump is. BUT, I am resisting the urge, saving the money. The lender will pull at some point this week & I'll get the number then. I'm pretty sure it's in range to qualify ... 

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 3 of 4
guykara
Frequent Contributor

How did you manage to get Asset Acceptance removed? I've had them on my credit report, paid, and they won't budget at all on removing.

Congrats on your continued success! I know exactly what you mean when it comes to obsessing. Sometimes I need to remind myself to take a step back and relax because this stuff takes time.

Starting Scores (10/18/2013): EX: 603 | EQ: 572 | TU: 659
5/05/2014 EX: 628 | EQ: 627 | TU: 623
5/25/2014: EX: 628 | EQ: 635 | TU: 623
Current Scores: EX: 670 | EQ: 663 | TU: 681
Goal Scores: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.