Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsolete Tax Lien

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Obsolete Tax Lien

How do I go about getting Experian to delete an old released tax lien that is obsolete? The Lien is scheduled for removal in December of this year 2010 but it should've dropped in August 2009  This was being reported by TransUnion & Experian so I disputed as obsolete and TransUnion deleted, Experian verified.   I then sent Experian a letter advising them that I wanted a special investigation with out them using E-Oscar to validate.  I sent them the letter CMRR on January 29, 2010 and just got a letter from them today in which the only thing on it was a paragraph about "what is a public record"   I'm furious they did absolutely nothing with my letter and it now appears that they are stalling.

Does anyone have some ideas about what my next step should be?    

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Obsolete Tax Lien

What is the date that the tax lien was paid off?

Before you dispute, you need to show proof of this date.  Then, under FCRA 605(a)(3), you have basis for disputing any posting of this paid tax lien after 7 years from the date paid.

What a CRA has advised of potential fall off dates is not proof of the date paid.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is on my wife's report and the paid date was back in August of 2002.     

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Suggested letter to each CRA:

"This is a dispute,under FCRA 611(a), of the inclusion in my credit report of information that is precluded under the provisions of FCRA 605(a)(3).

"The disputed reporting relates to the following tax lien:

(provide identification of the lien)

"This lien was paid in full by me on (date). as evidenced by the attached documentation.

"Since this tax lien was paid, as evidenced herein, more than 7 years prior to today's date, immediate removal from all subsequent credit reporting is required under the provisions of FCRA 605(a)(3).

"I request  reporting to me of the status of your investigation within 30- days of the date of this dispute, under the provisions of FCRA 611(a)(1)(A), and deletion of all such informtion from my credit file upon favorable resoluton of this dispute.

"I additionally request, under the provisions of FCRA 611(a)(6)(B)(III), that you provide me a full description of the procedure you used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information I have provided.  Once again, I do not consider the limitited procedure provided by your automated E-Oscar process to be sufficient to deal with the unique nature of this request, and I request full supervisory review."

Message Edited by RobertEG on 02-02-2010 11:59 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.