Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocwen stopped reporting?

tag
dorkface
Established Member

Ocwen stopped reporting?

The mortgage on my residence is held by Ocwen. when i looked up my trans union score a few days ago, it was 644. i wondered why it was so low, and i looked at my accounts. oddly, my ocwen mortage was not listed among them. when i looked up the TU report, there was a note above the Ocwen account that said: The following item is suppressed pending credit grantor update

then, below that, it says: Remarks: DISP INVG COMP-RPT BY GRNTR    

I have no idea what this means, and i have disputed nothing with them. i have made timely payments for feb and march, yet the most recent one that is reported to TU was Jan. The account doesn't even show up on my MYFICO report. i called trans union, and they instructed me to call ocwen. when i called ocwen, the gentleman i spoke to said something about  my recent request for 6 years worth of 1098s for my accountant. he was very hard to understand, very thick indain accent, but i have no idea what this would have to do with them reporting to TU. has anybody ever had a similar situation, and how does one go about requesting that their mortgage company report to the bureaus?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dorkface
Established Member

Re: Ocwen stopped reporting?

Anybody? I've received no response from ocwen on this.
Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would contact the OC again and let them know you did not dispute anything and to kindly have the comment removed from your CR.  Also let them know this is hurting your score.

Suppressed means they are withheld from scoring and can't be seen by any creditor.  They are usually supressed after a dispute.

Message 3 of 6
dorkface
Established Member

guiness56, thanks so much. i'll try them again. snail mail this time.

Message 4 of 6
4thmouse

My Ocwen junk was all negative. A while back All Ocwen tradelines vanished from my CR for TU and EQ with no interference from me. Couple months later A Ocwen line poped back on my TU report and I did an Online dispute just for the heck of it, The line vanished literally within 2 hours and I got a email saying the line had been deleted. This was about 2 years ago though.

My friend had a All postive, Albeit short history with them and around the same time mine dissapear, His also vanished from TU and EQ as well.I have heard of something similar happening to couple others.

Soemthing is up between EQ, TU and Ocwen. That was the first and probably last time I have ever seen a dispute get cleared up that quick. I know Ocwen has been subject to FTC investigation, Florida AG investigation, and atleast 1 class action suite, Maybe it is related to that.

I have had no such luck with EX though. Infact I just had a new re-aged neg report from OCWEN pop up on my EX for total of three lines for one loan that they purchased post discharge.  I am probably going to file a Few written disputes and take them to small claims for couple thousand  this summer.

Message 5 of 6
Teardrop
New Contributor

@4thmouse wrote:

My Ocwen junk was all negative. A while back All Ocwen tradelines vanished from my CR for TU and EQ with no interference from me. Couple months later A Ocwen line poped back on my TU report and I did an Online dispute just for the heck of it, The line vanished literally within 2 hours and I got a email saying the line had been deleted. This was about 2 years ago though.

My friend had a All postive, Albeit short history with them and around the same time mine dissapear, His also vanished from TU and EQ as well.I have heard of something similar happening to couple others.

Soemthing is up between EQ, TU and Ocwen. That was the first and probably last time I have ever seen a dispute get cleared up that quick. I know Ocwen has been subject to FTC investigation, Florida AG investigation, and atleast 1 class action suite, Maybe it is related to that.

I have had no such luck with EX though. Infact I just had a new re-aged neg report from OCWEN pop up on my EX for total of three lines for one loan that they purchased post discharge.  I am probably going to file a Few written disputes and take them to small claims for couple thousand  this summer.

4thmouse,

What ever happened with your dealings with Ocwen?  They too just put a negative account on my report a few months ago that they hadn't been reporting on for years.  Would love to know your outcome.

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/31/2014 - No apps while waiting to apply for home loan!
Starting Score: EX 640 EQ 593 TU>592 Lender Pulled 3/30/2014
Goal Score: All Scores 730+

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.