Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd letter from Experian

tag
iluvdodgetrx
Valued Member

Odd letter from Experian

I have been disputing a paid medical collection that is on my CR. It was my hubby's debt that they put on my credit. I have managed to get it removed from all CR except Experian.  They are not wanting to budge. I have sent them letter after letter and they validate. I recently sent them an intent to sue letter CRRR and this was their reply.

" We recieved a suspicious request regarding your personal credit information that we have determined was not sent by you. This could be deemed as deceptive or fraudulent use of your information. We have not taken any action on this request. Any future requests made in this manner will not be processed and will not recieve a response. Suspicious requests are taken seroiusly and reviewed by Experian security personel who will report deceptive activity, including copies of letters deemed as suspicious, to law enforcement officials and to state or federal agencies."

Can anyone tell me why they would send this and what my next step should be?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
iluvdodgetrx
Valued Member

Re: Odd letter from Experian

I filed a complaint with the FTC today.....Lets see if anything good comes of it  :/

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too had to rectify a situation with experian that they did not want to budge on. I was transferred around a few times from one of the phone numbers listed and finally was sent to their office of consumer affairs. when I asked that department for a number to call to check back with them at a later date if the problem was not  rectified, they gave me the number  1-800-203-7843. I did not have to call back, the problem was resolved the next day and off my husband's cr. Get to the equifax office of consumer affairs. That should help if what they did for us was an indication.I think it is tlike their PR department but they can actually help on some things.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a stall letter from Experian. I ignore them.

Btw tlb2 you mean Experian, not Equifax, right?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

no- it was equifax.

sorry- just got up- was reading experian, but it converted to equifax in my head. probably because it took forever for us to resolve our above referenced problem with them. again, sorry.

Message 5 of 7
iluvdodgetrx
Valued Member

That is very interesting to know. I would try to call Experian at the #, but I have always heard that you should always mail all correspondance when dealing with credit issues. What did you say. Should I just tell them that I have contacted the OC and they have no record of me, or that I filed a complaint with the FTC. Any suggestions? You guys are great and I appreciate all opinions!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

even though my experience was with equifax and not experian,I would try the same thing. I would call a backdoor number from this forum website, and ask for their office of consumer affairs or  public relations department. if they say they don't have one ask for their supervisor and don't take no for an answer. If you get nowhere with that person ask for their supervisor. Eventually you may get to someone in an equivalent office such as the one I delt with at equifax..have the o.c. phone number on hand, explain the situation and that past disputes have been to no avail, and that the original creditors have never heard of you guys, suggest a 3 way call (because the oc may not give the cra any info without your consent) and if the o.c. can verify to them that they have in fact never heard of you, they should then delete it off your cr.do not tell them about the ftc complaint.

good luck.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.