Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds of a judgement for $111????

tag
michjd75
Valued Member

Odds of a judgement for $111????

Debating how far I should take submitting PFD's, DV's and GW if within the SOL.  This is really hurting my CR and is not due to fall off until Feb 2016.  Would you recommend that I keep sending Enhanced Recovery letters or just ignore/ pay without negotiating for delete?  From everything I have read/ experienced, it doesn't seem like they work with you much.  If it helps, I am in TX.  I sent PFD a month ago requested only mail contact.  Instead they just called and called and called. From reading other posts, they do not negotiate on credit reporting on calls so I did not answer.  Don't know how far they will take it....

Any and all guidance/ suggestions greatly appreciated. TIA

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Odds of a judgement for $111????

In order to get a judgement they would have to file a lawsuit against you and win.   This would cost them much more than $111 so I would put the odds of being sued at very low.

If you send them a cease communications instructing them not to call they have to comply, otherwise they are in violation of the FDCPA.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
michjd75
Valued Member

So would you recommend that I keep hammering away with the letters and eventually they will respond with an offer to work with me?

Message 3 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@michjd75 wrote:

So would you recommend that I keep hammering away with the letters and eventually they will respond with an offer to work with me?

Yeah, I would advise to just keep going with the PFD requests, and hopefully someone there will take you up on the offer.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 8
Cori

I had an old judgement on my report for $150 - so it does happen... Mine was for an old medical bill.  It's gone now because I paid it. I guess it just depends on who you're dealing with.

Start: 606 Transunion / 536 Equifax / 583 Experian

as of 12/13/2009: 630 Transunion / 563 Equifax /??? Experian

as of 4/11/2012: 680 Transunion / 641 Equifax / ??? Experian

2/14/2010: 632 Transunion
583 Equifax
??Experian.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The smaller judgments can happen.  They are usually based on some type of contractual agreement and with that creditor gets filing fees/costs and attorney's fees back, usually included in a judgment.  Interest is also added.  So a $111 judgment could easily turn into a $1000 judgment, or more. 

Message 6 of 8
michjd75
Valued Member

I guess if that happens I can just PIF before the court date.  IME I have about 6 months left within SOL.  Hope it doesn't come to that....

Message 7 of 8
golo
Frequent Contributor

I have an old judgment from 07 that i'm trying to deal with,now is when i'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and i hope is not a train coming my way, Smiley Sad, it's for 1000 from a credit card,that's what the judgment says in the credit reports,i can't find it in any court of the state i use to live and where i think it might be,anyhow,i know i owe the money and i want to get rid of it,paying in full or settling for a percentage.Today i sent the OC a letter offering a settlement for 660,i hoe they take it so i can move forward with my life,i have another one for 6500 that i have manage to poay down to 2200 after entering in a payment plan with their lawyer,i sent them a letter today to,but i sent it to the OC and offer them to settle it for 1324.Now i'm worried that i have wake a sleeping giant and that they might decline the offer and garnish my wages,Smiley Sad, any input is greatly appreciated

I will keep ya'll post it if anybody is interested.

Thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.