Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Off Topic

Hi guys! I don't know if this is off topic or not, but I had an "eviction" back in October of last year and am about to pay it off. It never shows up on my Judgement or Public Record section of my credit report, just on the report itself as a balance. If the landlord had reported the eviction, wouldn't it be there?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Off Topic

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys! I don't know if this is off topic or not, but I had an "eviction" back in October of last year and am about to pay it off. It never shows up on my Judgement or Public Record section of my credit report, just on the report itself as a balance. If the landlord had reported the eviction, wouldn't it be there?

Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Well the landlord would not be the reported of an eviction that would be a PR and info on those is gathered by runners to courthouses and county recorders sent by companies like Lexis Nexis and then the info is sold to the CRAs. You have been lucky so far that it hasnt showed up. You might try a PFD offer on this if the landlord is reporting their own derog TL.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe evictions are placed on your reports. It is basically an order to vacate premises, not a monetary award and in and of itself is not credit related. There are however, rental history reports that track such things.

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't believe evictions are placed on your reports. It is basically an order to vacate premises, not a monetary award and in and of itself is not credit related. There are however, rental history reports that track such things.

It depends on how the jurisdiction handles the case, some do the monetary and eviction in one and these are the ones that would typically show on the CR.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It depends on how the jurisdiction handles the case, some do the monetary and eviction in one and these are the ones that would typically show on the CR.

Yes, that would make sense.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.