cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer from OC after GW campaign, should I take it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Offer from OC after GW campaign, should I take it?

After a letter campaign, I developed an e-mail exchange that ultimately turned into phone conversations regarding five late pays (each was 30 day late) on my auto loan through my credit union.

They will not change the late reporting.  However, they have offered to remove the account and stop reporting the account in its entirety.

Should I take the offer?

The account was opened May of 2014,  I fell behind the months of A,M,J,J,A, of 2015,  apart from those five months all other payments have been on time.  So, by Aug of 2017 this will all be two years behind me.

Including the account I am questing about, I have a total of 9 accounts reporting. All other accounts have zero late pays reporting. 

1 – this auto loan is a $25,000 loan  (Bal remaining $18,250)

1 – closed (paid off) auto loan  $12,000  

1 – closed (paid off) auto loan $5,000

1 – Student loan  $21,150 remaining

5 – C.C. accounts with total C.L. of $10,000  (Bal $3,800)

Is it better for my score to have the history reporting in its full with late payments reporting? 

Or

Would it be better to have the account disappear from my reports?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Offer from OC after GW campaign, should I take it?

@Anonymous wrote:

After a letter campaign, I developed an e-mail exchange that ultimately turned into phone conversations regarding five late pays (each was 30 day late) on my auto loan through my credit union.

They will not change the late reporting.  However, they have offered to remove the account and stop reporting the account in its entirety.

Should I take the offer?

The account was opened May of 2014,  I fell behind the months of A,M,J,J,A, of 2015,  apart from those five months all other payments have been on time.  So, by Aug of 2017 this will all be two years behind me.

Including the account I am questing about, I have a total of 9 accounts reporting. All other accounts have zero late pays reporting. 

1 – this auto loan is a $25,000 loan  (Bal remaining $18,250)

1 – closed (paid off) auto loan  $12,000  

1 – closed (paid off) auto loan $5,000

1 – Student loan  $21,150 remaining

5 – C.C. accounts with total C.L. of $10,000  (Bal $3,800)

Is it better for my score to have the history reporting in its full with late payments reporting? 

Or

Would it be better to have the account disappear from my reports?

I would take that offer in a second..

Message 2 of 3
Hopingfor700s
Valued Member

Re: Offer from OC after GW campaign, should I take it?

I would take that offer
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.