Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer from Van Ru Credit Corporation?

tag
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Offer from Van Ru Credit Corporation?

My boyfriend ignored his initial letter from Van Ru. I tried to get him to take care of it, offering my help, and he just refused. Now he has another letter from Van Ru, offering settlements for 55% and 60%.

• The 55% settlement is being offered in two payments of $193 each, starting on 6/11. This is not doable without a small loan.
  • The 60% settlement is being offered in four payments of $106 each, starting on 6/11. This could be doable without a loan, but we'd be stretching thin.
  • BOTH state, "Each subsequent payment must be received withing thiry (30) days of receipt of the prior payment," and, "... the above referenced accounts will be satisfied and closed and, upon request, a settlement in full letter will be sent. We are not obligated to renew this offer."

So, my take from this is that if we take an offer, and pay along their payment guidelines, they will be reported as satisfied, and PIF to the CRAs, and if we request, a letter will be sent to us verifying that? What should our next course of action be? An acceptance letter for one offer, then sending payment via Western Union? Any advice is highly appreciated! I'll be showing this topic to my boyfriend in hopes that he will open his eyes to what he needs to do about his credit.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Offer from Van Ru Credit Corporation?

Oh H*** NO.  Do NOT send via WESTERN UNION!!!!! 

Purchase a money order from your bank OR send a personal check.  Do NOT allow them to:  AUTO DRAFT or have access to your CC Info either!

Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

First off, listen to Fish, don't send it WesternUnion and don't autodraft.  Get a money order or cashier's check.

Now, I would like to know a little more about this debt.  How old is it?  Is it passed the SOL of your state, and is it still showing on his CR?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

It's not even a year old, so not outside the SOL. Ok, money order it is!

It's showing as a charge-off from the OC still, and not by the CA as far as I know.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.