cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offering to PFD for debt discharged in BK???

tag
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

Offering to PFD for debt discharged in BK???

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to offer to pay all or a portion of a charged off debt that was discharged in bankruptcy in order to have it removed from the credit report?

I have 2 collections and I'm just wondering if there is anyway to get them removed before the 7 years.

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Offering to PFD for debt discharged in BK???

You no longer have the debt.

Thus, they no longer have an account receivable for the debt, and no basis for accounting for a payment other than perhaps as a cash donation....

I would expect their accounting department to balk legally at such an offer....

Message 2 of 7
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

ya i guess i was just wondering if they would be willing to remove the item from my credit report if i paid it since they aren't going to get the money. maybe it was a dumb question haha

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been down this road before but if I remember correctly all those accts fell off my report within a year.  I think I disputed them and they deleted from my reports.  Others on here may be able to clarify this better than I can.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a dispute option for discharged in BK
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Which is intended for items showing as still active - in this case if I'm reading correctly OP is trying to get rid of IIB accounts...which kind of surprises me since if you have IIB accounts, the BK itself is still reporting, so not much gain from removing the IIB accounts *shrug*

Message 6 of 7
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Which is intended for items showing as still active - in this case if I'm reading correctly OP is trying to get rid of IIB accounts...which kind of surprises me since if you have IIB accounts, the BK itself is still reporting, so not much gain from removing the IIB accounts *shrug*

I thought maybe having the BK be the only negative reporting would be better than BK and 2 collections, but maybe I'm worong? 

Guess it was a dumb question haha 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.