tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Offically in the 600's and CLI

Fico Score 8

648 EX
604 TU
644 EQ

Look's like I'll reach my end of year goal of 650 on 2 of 3. Sucks having to be forced to wait on a career decision so I can pay off my student loan.
Plus side I hit 3 months on my QS1 and requested a CLI, they approved and went from 500 to 1,500. To me it seems upward score momentum tapered off a bit and I'm sure I'm only going to see very little increases until A) my AAoA grow and B) I pay off my student loan which I cant at the moment and it bugs me to no end lol.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Offically in the 600's and CLI

Congratulations on the increase and remember it takes time.. i have only ONE medical collection and everything else is Perfect, low utilization, no lates, no chargeoffs and im still stuck in the low 700s because i also have a short AAoA so with time we will get there. From my understanding people in the high 700s and high 800s have a long history of good credit so we just need time Smiley Happy good luck

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeaaa I hear you. the Student loan is my only negative line which I cant do nothing about yet because I have my finances calculated and from now until feb. I would make just enough for a cheap car/ move out of state/ first and last month rent/ money for food/gas/electric/phone/Internet for 2 months until police paychecks kick in. IF I don't get accepted in the academy i'll be attacking that student loan like a bat out of hell

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Fico Score 8

648 EX
604 TU
644 EQ

Look's like I'll reach my end of year goal of 650 on 2 of 3. Sucks having to be forced to wait on a career decision so I can pay off my student loan.
Plus side I hit 3 months on my QS1 and requested a CLI, they approved and went from 500 to 1,500. To me it seems upward score momentum tapered off a bit and I'm sure I'm only going to see very little increases until A) my AAoA grow and B) I pay off my student loan which I cant at the moment and it bugs me to no end lol.

You'll not get much FICO mileage from paying off a student loan.

I would suggest its time to close that Secured Cap One account and app for a Platinum card.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, I'm actually looking to close that secured. But most likely not until dec/jan I'm trying to farm my score a bit more to see if it can creep alil higher to maybe get a better offer /lower apr. My ideal wallet set up is a cashback /everyday/big purchase card(USAA WMC) Cashback/everyday card (QS1 which I would like to PC or fee waive) and a low interest card if im ever in a jam. I think I'll be ok with 3 cards. Everyday, big purchases and low apr if I know I'll have to carry a balance.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea, I'm actually looking to close that secured. But most likely not until dec/jan I'm trying to farm my score a bit more to see if it can creep alil higher to maybe get a better offer /lower apr. My ideal wallet set up is a cashback /everyday/big purchase card(USAA WMC) Cashback/everyday card (QS1 which I would like to PC or fee waive) and a low interest card if im ever in a jam. I think I'll be ok with 3 cards. Everyday, big purchases and low apr if I know I'll have to carry a balance.

What I suggest doing with cap one is this - get the QS1 because its easy to qualify for. Get the Platinum because it has no annual fee. After 6-12 months you can see about converting the Platinum to reward status (QS). Now you have what is essentially the *full* QS card - 1.5% cashback and no annual fee. Then you combine the QS1 card into the QS card. Thats basically how I pumped up my two Platinum accounts from $300/$500 limits to a single QS account with $5800 limit in less than a year AND with very mediocre scores.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly what I've been thinking about because I already have the QS1... But its coming down to two things. What you've mentioned OR leave the cap1 cards as is wait until my scores are a bit higher, possiblely 680's closing cap1 secured and applying for a low apr card through a credit union or USAA's low apr cards. Because they do have some attractive cards... OR do both. close secured, wait a month, open platinum wait 6 months to a year, PC platinum to QS, combine lines then apply for low APR card.

Message 7 of 15
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

So just to clear this up -

In my thread you suggested I apply for the unsecured Platinum after I pay off and close the secured card. In your reply, you tell the OP that you can convert the Platinum to standard QS, while in the same time frame convert my current QS to QS1.

Then take both balances and combine them, is that correct?

I would end up with a higher credit limit + rewards, no annual fee and low APR.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats correct, except for the QS1/QS conversion, not necessary, and I've read that they won't convert a fee card to a no fee card, but theu will let you roll it's limit into a no fee card. Its basically a method of getting the "full" no AF QS card even though your scores may not be high enough to app for it.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a secured for 2 years, then closed it two weeks ago. Got a QS1 in November '14. I applied for the Platinum a week after closing and was approved for 1K, but that'll get an automatic CLI around February. I also got the fee waived permanently on my QS1. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.