Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office on CR is closed down now?

tag
flinjami83
New Contributor

Office on CR is closed down now?

My husband has an old CA on his CR last udated 2/15/2010. Reporting $0 balance states "account was paid in full; was a collection".

I contacted the OC b/c there is also a judgement on his report from the same office and I think it was this same account but the judgement isn't showing paid. 

The OC emailed me back and said that this office is closed down and the account was sent to a diff CA (who is not on his report). 

I'm not sure what to do here...

Any suggestions on how I could get this old CA removed since they are closed?

And also any suggestions on how to figure out the judgement and if it's the same account? I am worried about contacting the new CA b/c they aren't reporting...

Starting Score: 595 (2/22/13)
Current Score: FICO 624 (4/22/2014)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Office on CR is closed down now?

Message 2 of 4
flinjami83
New Contributor

Honestly I don't remember! I paid it back in 2010. I remember paying on the balance from this medical office but I don't know if I paid the CA or the OC. I actually emailed the billing office to find out what records of payments they have on this account to see if that helps me. But haven't heard back from her yet.
I wonder if I should call the court clerk to see if they show its paid & maybe they just haven't updated????

Starting Score: 595 (2/22/13)
Current Score: FICO 624 (4/22/2014)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That's a good idea, to contact the courts.  The creditor has to notify the courts when the debt is satisfied within a certain amount of time.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.