Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Rebuild

tag
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Official Rebuild

It'll show that until they're paid down below 60% or so, I think. It'll list that for car loans, mortgages and any other installment loans at the beginning. It's affecting your score, but not by a lot. You may get a couple of points if you get it below 100% though.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to make sure I update this as it goes on.  So here's an update today:

I did what was suggested to get other credit and now I have the following:

Capital One Card - $400 CL

Walmart Card - $500 CL

JcPenney Card - $500 CL

Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Card - $1000

I'm not sure if it will count or not, but I received a pre-approval letter for Fingerhut and was approved for $700.  I purchased one small item and will never use it again.  

So I'm officially done applying for things as that is more than I will ever need.

I did an online dispute through Equifax for my 3 medical bills they show and received this back.  This is where I am confused.  I want to make this right and get it off of my report.  I also did one though Transunion (couldn't get Experian to let me open a dispute though), but I assume the same conclusion will be found.  My questions about the below statements are:  When will this fall off if unpaid?  And if is going to be awhile and I want to get it off of my reports and paid so I'm free and clear, how should I handle it?  Do I call them and work out a payment plan?  Do I have to have the full amount?  **I am aware from reading this site that I need to get it in WRITING that they will expunge this info off my reports if fully paid**

>>> We have researched the collection account. Account # − 6649531 The results are: We verified that this item belongs to you. We have verified that this item has been reported correctly. Additional information has been provided from the original source regarding this item. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: IMC Credit Services LLC, 6955 Hillsdale CT, Indianapolis IN 46250−2054 IMC Credit; Collection Reported 06/2017; Assigned 08/2012; Creditor Class − Medical/Health Care; Original Creditor − In Phys MNGMT Henry LLC; Amount − $1,048 ; Status as of 06/2017 − Unpaid; Date of 1st Delinquency 05/2012; Balance as of 06/2017 − $1,048 ; Individual Account; Account # − 6649531; ADDITIONAL INFORMATION − Consumer Disputes This Account Information; Collection Account; Address: 6955 Hillsdale Ct Indianapolis IN 46250−2054

>>> We have researched the collection account. Account # − 7598936 The results are: We verified that this item belongs to you. We have verified that this item has been reported correctly. Additional information has been provided from the original source regarding this item. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: IMC Credit Services LLC, 6955 Hillsdale CT, Indianapolis IN 46250−2054 IMC Credit; Collection Reported 06/2017; Assigned 08/2013; Creditor Class − Medical/Health Care; Original Creditor − In Phys MNGMT Henry LLC; Amount − $287 ; Status as of 06/2017 − Unpaid; Date of 1st Delinquency 02/2013; Balance as of 06/2017 − $287 ; Individual Account; Account # − 7598936; ADDITIONAL INFORMATION − Consumer Disputes This Account Information; Collection Account; Address: 6955 Hillsdale Ct Indianapolis IN 46250−2054

>>> We have researched the collection account. Account # − 7963608 The results are: We verified that this item belongs to you. We have verified that this item has been reported correctly. Additional information has been provided from the original source regarding this item. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: IMC Credit Services LLC, 6955 Hillsdale CT, Indianapolis IN 46250−2054 IMC Credit; Collection Reported 06/2017; Assigned 01/2014; Creditor Class − Medical/Health Care; Original Creditor − In Phys MNGMT Henry LLC; Amount − $495 ; Status as of 06/2017 − Unpaid; Date of 1st Delinquency 08/2013; Balance as of 06/2017 − $495 ; Individual Account; Account # − 7963608; ADDITIONAL INFORMATION − Consumer Disputes This Account Information; Collection Account; Address: 6955 Hillsdale Ct Indianapolis IN 46250−2054

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received this email from TU for my dispute with them.

ITEM DESCRIPTION RESULTS

IMC CREDIT SERVICES 
6955 HILLSDALE CT 
INDIANAPOLIS,  IN  46250 
(317) 849-6933
# 796****DELETED
IMC CREDIT SERVICES 
6955 HILLSDALE CT 
INDIANAPOLIS,  IN  46250 
(317) 849-6933
# 759****DELETED
IMC CREDIT SERVICES 
6955 HILLSDALE CT 
INDIANAPOLIS,  IN  46250 
(317) 849-6933
# 664****DISPUTED INFORMATION UPDATED AND OTHER INFORMATION UPDATED

They deleted two of the 3 charges!  

This is the information they provided on the next page with my updated credit report:

IMC CREDIT SERVICES  #66495**
6955 HILLSDALE CT
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46250
(317) 849-6933
Placed for Collection:08/26/2012
Responsibility:Individual Account
Account Type:Open Account
Loan Type:COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY
Balance:$1,048
Date Updated:06/27/2017
Original Amount:$1,048
Original Creditor:MEDICAL-IN PHYS MNGMT HENRY LLC (Medical/Health Care)
Past Due:>$1,048<
Pay Status:>In Collection<
Remarks: ACCT INFO DISPUTED BY CONSUMR; >PLACED FOR COLLECTION<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 04/2019

I'm anxious and want that off, so next week I am going to call and try to get this paid off so it's all removed from my report once and for all.

But, I will first get it in writing that they will wipe it clean from all my reports before I pay.  That way if they don't, I can dispute the charges and provide that in writing to the agencies. 

Message 13 of 20
yapsalot
Regular Contributor

Keep doing what you are doing and you are going to succeed! I ignored my credit for two decades and had scores similar to yours. Last February I started using this forum and taking action, like the Alliant loan you also got. Successfully disputed a judgment which was removed and judiciously applied for appropriate credit. Things got a lot better. Six weeks ago I hit 847 on my FICO 8. Yes, that's not a typo or an exaggeration, 847 with FICO 8 on Experian. The key is knowledge and action. This forum is filled with some of the best advice available anywhere and I thank all the posters that helped me. You have shown you are learning and taking action, so just stay on that path. Specifically, your medical debts are old and not very big amounts but if I were you I would be cautious about simply paying them off because even a paid collection account will decrease your scores (albeit less than an unpaid one). Check out the WhyChat method mentioned by another poster earlier in this thread. I haven't used it personally and it seems kind of elaborate but it apparently has worked for others. Congrats on your deletions!

Yapsalot
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply!  I actually didn't do the Alliant loan based on the suggestion that my student loans already covered the installment loan.  

I did just look on Wallethub at my FAKO score for Transunion and it shows it went down 6 points.  

And I called Experian and did the dispute over the phone with them.  It's worth trying at least.  

If I paid the charges off, I would do what the other advice was...get it in writing before I paid a dime that they would delete all info from my credit reports regarding the collections.

I fully agree with you...this site has been invaluable with all the information available!

Thanks a lot!  I know it's just a start, but I am obsessed now with achieving my goal of 740!  

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to post an update.

I have the following now:

Fingerhut - $700

Chase Freedom Unlimited - $2,000

Walmart Credit - $2200

Capital One (the one I started with) - $750 (they just gave me an auto increase)

JC Penney - $2000

I'm only using the Chase Freedom right now.  However, I use the Capital one about once a month.  And I'm paying everything off as needed, no late charges or anything like that and not going above what I know I can't afford.  

I haven't checked my scores lately simply because I know they will be low.  I am down to one negative item on my report and my credit age history is very very low (less than a year), so I don't forsee it rising significantly anytime soon.

However, I said I'd keep this update and I'm going too. Smiley Happy

Thanks for all the invaluable help!!!!!!

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did just look on Wallethub at my FAKO score for Transunion and it shows it went down 6 points.  

And I called Experian and did the dispute over the phone with them.  It's worth trying at least.  

If I paid the charges off, I would do what the other advice was...get it in writing before I paid a dime that they would delete all info from my credit reports regarding the collections.

Great work and congrats on the deletes!

Generally speaking with disputes - If you're not achieving success online or on the phone, try using letters sent with certified mail/return receipt. I actually prefer to do everything through the mail (i know it takes time, but there are many before me that have gotten better success through mail). But like the yapsalot said, KEEP on disputing, sending letters, and do not stand down. The squeaky wheel gets the oil :-)

As far as getting deletes from the collectors, i'd google for a "PFD letter" (Pay for Delete) and modify it to your liking. I've had success with sending these to some collectors and they'll sign the agreement and delete as soon as you pay. I can also vouch for the WhyChat medical methods, they are the real deal if you can invest the time/energy in following those steps.

Just a note- I'd suggest sticking to creditchecktotal.com or myfico.com scores, as those are going to be real FICOs, and the FAKOs are a bit misguided a lot of times. My FAKOs tend to vary 50-100 pts up or down from the true FICO scores, it's pretty ridiculous

Here is the PFD letter i've used with success in the past:

[Collection Agency/Creditor Name]
ADDRESS
CITY, ST ZIP

Account #: XXXXXXXX
Amount: $XXXX

To Collection Manager:

This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed. I am unaware of this account and have no verification this debt is mine. I only know of this account based on it being reported in my credit report(s). As we both know, I have the right to dispute this account, request for verification, and/or request for validation of this debt. However, in order to quickly resolve this account, I am willing to pay $XXXX, if you agree to delete this account from any and all credit reporting agencies. Please do not quote to me that you are unable to do this, I am aware of both your rights as well as my own. We both know you are the source reporting this account and have the absolute right to report it, not report it, or delete it from all reporting agencies. The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from all reporting agencies. We are both aware that paying this unverified debt is no benefit to me unless we can agree on the terms. I am sure you are aware that paying a collection account does not bode well on a credit report and that merely having a collection on a credit report will have a negative impact whether paid or unpaid.

Please Note: This is not an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any way or form. If there is any confusion about my position on this alleged debt, please refer back to the paragraph above on this letter in which I state: "I am unaware of this account..." That being said, let me be clear, this is NOT: a promise to pay, a renewal, an admittance to this debt, or in any way me agreeing this debt is mine. This is a restricted offer only.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, I will send you certified funds immediately after I receive this signed agreement. The funds will be sent only if in exchange for it, you are agreeing to the terms set forth in this agreement and will be deleting this account from all reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion). This debt will be considered satisfied, there will be nothing more owed, nothing further to collect, and you will consider this a closed, satisfied account. Again, ALL references regarding this account must be deleted from ALL reporting agencies. Since certified funds will be used for payment, ALL information about this account WILL be removed from all reporting agencies within 15 calendar days of receiving the funds.

[Collection Agency/Creditor Name] agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from ALL credit reporting agencies WITHIN FIFTEEN (15) CALENDAR DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, for any reason, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit reporting agencies, [Collection Agency/Creditor Name] will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted, offered, or executed and will deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please sign (by an authorized representative of [Collection Agency/Creditor Name]  this agreement below, print (clearly) the name of that signature, and provide the position held by the one signing this agreement. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under federal, state, and local laws. Please also include with this signed agreement a company letterhead stating you received and agree to this restricted offer and the terms set forth within it.

Your response must be postmarked no later then 15 Days from your receipt of this settlement/agreement offer OR this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as allowed by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. If you decide to decline this offer, and begin calling about this alleged debt, expect the next letter from me to be a Cease and Desist letter, attached with it, a request for Full Validation. Thank you for your time.

Please send this agreement, your company letterhead agreement and all other correspondence regarding this account to:

YOUR NAME
ADDRESS
CITY, STATE ZIP

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did obtain the Credit Check Total scores.  They are as follows:

Experian: 631

Equifax: 654

Transunion: 646

The AMEX denial letter stated my Experian FICO Score was 643.  The denial letter states the following:

On 6/15/17, these were my scores.

After pulling them just now from CCT:

Experian: 651

Equifax: 649

Transunion: 692!!!

The Transunion account is the only one who has deleted two of the 3 derogatory accounts.  So I'm assuming that's why it's so high.

And my increases mentioned earlier for the 3 accounts have not yet been posted.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome news! Movin on up!

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did as you suggested and sent those letters to the creditors and all they did was send me a copy of the bill.  So that didn't work.  Since I'm not rebuilding for any specific purpose other than to have good credit, at this time, I'm going to just let them go until they fall off.  Which I believe would be 2019.  

The crazy thing about this whole rebuild.  I started with a $300 card from Capital One in March.  And now, 8 months later, I have $24,000 in credit.  More than I'll ever need!  But it's just awesome that with a bit of hard work and resources available on this site alone, I have acheived that. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.