Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Equifax

tag
kal9988
Regular Contributor

Oh Equifax

For some reason, Equifax likes to rename dispute dates as delinquency dates on my accounts. I have one collection charge off from 2007, that I disputed in 08/2009 and then re-disputed on 10/2010 to remove the dispute. Well now it no longer says the account is disputed but I have 2 90 day late marks -- in 08/2009 and 10/2010. How can I be late 3 years after it was charged off LOL? I have re-disputed it again saying I was not late on those dates. Totally frustrating. EX and TU have this account correct.

Then, I have a car lease that was late in June 2004 -- it lists that late date but ALSO says "date of first delinquency: 09/2007" -- 09/2007 is when the lease ended, how can I be late after it was paid off? Plus last time I checked, 2004 came before 2007. I disputed this twice with no luck. I sent a letter to the car leasing company asking them to send a letter to Equifax. Of course, EX and TU have this account correct.

When I called EQ customer support, I got routed to a call center based overseas. People for whom English is their native tongue have trouble understand the credit bureau process, which is why we have this forum. Now imagine trying to explain my problems to "Jennifer" who just kept repeating what I said back to me.

I am giving the dispute process one last shot before I write to the Better Business Bureau. Sigh. Any advice?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
chamire
Contributor

Re: Oh Equifax

I know i am dealing with this same issue as well. You basically have to train them to do the job correctly. I can not wait to i am finish with this credit repairing situation. Its easy to into debt and hard to get out. Keep working them they will eventually get it right.

EQ542 TRAN582 EX565:
Current Score:EQ 635 TRAN 631 EX 603
Goal Score: 750

Start out : 24 negative accounts collections/chargeoff
Current : 5 remaining 2 unpaid 72 total positive accounts:Long two year battle finally i can see light
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 8
PixieQueen80
Frequent Contributor

I think I amm having a similar problem as you are with Equifax.  It appears as if they are re-aging my account also but I did not think about the correlation date in regards to when I submitted disputes to them but you are right because these are now my new DOFD's.

Starting Scores (7/26/2010): EQ 517; TU 508; EX 527 (lender)
Scores Along the Way (11/4/2010): EQ 542; TU 547; (11/8/2010) EX Plus 641
Scores Along the Way: (4/15/2011): EQ 516; TU 622; EX 585 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (8/25/2011): EQ 617; TU 627; EX 625 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (11/28/2011): EQ 617; TU 645; EX 667 (lender)
Current Scores: (8/9/2013): EQ 634; TU 662; EX 694 (lender)
Closed on a Home: 12/30/2011 Goal Scores (8/25/2014): 700 club
Message 3 of 8
kal9988
Regular Contributor

It's really hard to dispute with Equifax lately -- online or on the phone. They just don't listen to your request and do whatever they want.

Message 4 of 8
kal9988
Regular Contributor

Update: Regarding the car lease (from Nissan), I received a letter from Nissan stating that they sent the correct information to Equifax, but EQ still lists the incorrect info. I have disputed this AGAIN, by mail this time, and I included a copy of the letter from Nissan. Kinda ridiculous that EQ keeps ignoring the info I send them.

Message 5 of 8
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

@kal9988 wrote:

It's really hard to dispute with Equifax lately -- online or on the phone. They just don't listen to your request and do whatever they want.

I feel your pain.  I am STILL waiting on my vacated judgment to be deleted!!!  I first faxed them all the court docs November 1st.  Since then I have disputed it 3 times (including the 1st) and it was verified twice, not deleted.  I dont think they even bother to look at the paperwork thats sent.

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 6 of 8
MissMovingForward
Regular Contributor

A lawfirm in Virginia (where I live) contacted me about a suit against Equifax for failing to update public records on credit reports when the judgment has been satisfied or vacated.  I had an issue with them earlier this year when I had 3 judgments vacated and they refused to delete after several disputes.  It took about 6 attempts, 3 months, and me sending a copy of the orders to vacate to them several times before they delete.  I will be participating in this lawsuit against them.

Message 7 of 8
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

@MissMovingForward wrote:

A lawfirm in Virginia (where I live) contacted me about a suit against Equifax for failing to update public records on credit reports when the judgment has been satisfied or vacated.  I had an issue with them earlier this year when I had 3 judgments vacated and they refused to delete after several disputes.  It took about 6 attempts, 3 months, and me sending a copy of the orders to vacate to them several times before they delete.  I will be participating in this lawsuit against them.

More info??  TransUnion is giving me an equally hard time.  Experian deleted on the second attempt after speaking to someone. 

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.