Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Equifax..

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Oh Equifax..

Dealing with those mothers..... is something else... I actually think they don't understand what a block request is, my dad is a victim of id theft, and sent the police report and the FTC report and all the required docs for them to block, and instead they open disputes... When he calls in, they actually say "We cannot block the item(s), we need to get permission from the creditor to remove them" and im like Smiley Mad Already filed a CFPB complaint and heres what they responded with:

"Equifax reviewed the complaint, its records and initiated a reinvestigation. *Equifax did not receive any additional communications from the consumer during the review of the complaint. *Equifax will mail the results of the reinvestigation within 30 days. "

what should we do next? send an intent to sue letter? and if so where to? their corp office or to those idiots in their fraud assistance department? ugh dealing with this company is a minegrane in itself, oh how I wish they were like TU and EX so much easier to deal with and blocked everything without any/much hassle..

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oh Equifax..

@willwar14 wrote:

Dealing with those mothers..... is something else... I actually think they don't understand what a block request is, my dad is a victim of id theft, and sent the police report and the FTC report and all the required docs for them to block, and instead they open disputes... When he calls in, they actually say "We cannot block the item(s), we need to get permission from the creditor to remove them" and im like Smiley Mad Already filed a CFPB complaint and heres what they responded with:

"Equifax reviewed the complaint, its records and initiated a reinvestigation. *Equifax did not receive any additional communications from the consumer during the review of the complaint. *Equifax will mail the results of the reinvestigation within 30 days. "

what should we do next? send an intent to sue letter? and if so where to? their corp office or to those idiots in their fraud assistance department? ugh dealing with this company is a minegrane in itself, oh how I wish they were like TU and EX so much easier to deal with and blocked everything without any/much hassle..

Send it to their Corporate EO, adressed to Head of Compliance. Quote FCRA 605B verbatim, pointing out where and how they are in clear, and willful violation.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Oh Equifax..

I would also respond back to the CFPB, notifying them that their communication did not address your situation.

A reinvestigation by a CRA is part of the dispute process under FCRA 611(a).  It has nothing to do with the credit report blocking provision of section 605B.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.