Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Experian!

tag
osudelt00
Valued Member

Oh Experian!

Hi All,

First I know that Experian doesn't provide a true FICO but this confused the heck out of me.. I disputed a repossession on my credit report that is due to drop off in Feb 2014.. I know that it isn't effecting my score very much but they were one of those long shark credit agencies that broke many laws when I was with them. Now that I am more educated due to this site and others I am fighting to get it removed.. Well as usual even when providing documents the account comes back as updated/verified. So today I log onto USAA and update my credit report and low and behold my score dropped from 635 on Experian (My lowest) to 578!!!!

To be clear no new info was added to the account, additionally even if it was not being scored during the dispute my score was never this low even before I disputed it. (644FAKO Experian) Both Transunion and Equifax are in the low 700's with the same items on my credit report.. Does anyone care to tackle this one?? lol..

Same items on all three credit reports but Experian tanks..... all FAKO.. The scenic in me would say its retaliation for going through the consumer finance website but I know that shouldn't be the case... 

Starting Score: 550
Current Score EQ: 688 Sep/7/13
Current Score TU: 686 Sep/7/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: Oh Experian!

No one knows what that FAKO score is based on, so its hard to say why it dropped. Without knowing how they were calculating it - how could you? 

I do find it hard to believe that part of the USAA calculation is retaliation-based, however. It's entirely possible that your FICO EX score didn't move at all. Unfortunately there's no easy & quick way to prove that, since most of us can't go purchase an EX FICO score.

Message 2 of 3
osudelt00
Valued Member

Re: Oh Experian!

Thanks! I figured it out.. Smiley Sad So my repo from 2007 wasn't reporting but after I disputed the account they decided to update the payment history as a repo all the way up to April 2013. Although the account is still dropping off in a few months it hit my credit very negatively because of the update in payment history.. 

Starting Score: 550
Current Score EQ: 688 Sep/7/13
Current Score TU: 686 Sep/7/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.