Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Santander, ugh!

tag
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Re: Oh Santander, ugh!

What happened was you made them mad so they realized that they made a mistake and corrected it. You can dispute all the new lates and see what happens but all they have to do is show the CRA that you indeed had late payments and did not make the full amount due for any of those months. Santander is the worst. I would never poke that beast if I had an active account with them.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand exactly what you did and why you feel you shouldn't be seeing 30 Day lates. Once you got past being 2 payments behind, to only one, you weren't making your payment by the due date, but were making that payment prior to it being 30 day's past due. So you probably made that payment right before your next payment was due, carefully ensuring you weren't at 30 day's past due. Unfortunately, like a few others stated above, you were charged late fees, etc.... and these most likely caused you to go over 30 day's. The situation sucks, and unfortunately, by disputing it with the CA's, Santander came back at you hard. I'm doubting you're going to get anywhere with them either. Sorry.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I plan to fight this, I'm not just going to sit here and let them do what that did. And apparently I'm not the first one they've done this too. Oddly, they didn't just update the payment history, they removed the TL and then added it back with the "updated" history. All that seems wrong/illegal to me.

I'm trying to figure out my best course of action. Do I call them? Write either a GW or DD letter? File a complaint with BBB & CFPB? All of the above Smiley Wink Do I even both with them and just go straight to the BBB/CFPB? I'm not sure which path to take.

At this point, I have nothing to lose by trying to fight them.
Message 13 of 16
Pway
Valued Contributor

What are fighting?  On what grounds are your points valid in this dispute.  You said you are late with your payments.  When you disputed Santander, they updated your cr with the correct information.  This is what happens when one poke the sleeping bear.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes late, but not 30 days late like they reported. That's inaccurate reporting. That's what I'm fighting.

I'm done with this post for now. I'll post if I make any progress.
Message 15 of 16
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

I would call Santander and ask for an explanation first. We are assuming it's the late fees and it probably is but it could be a mistake. If they indeed explain that you where 30 days late and send you documentation to prove this I would leave it be. If they refuse to prove it then sure try the CFPB. BBB will likely go no where. Last time I looked they where not accredited and had an F so they don't care. I hate this company as well and never chose to do buisness with them. My loan was sold from Cap One during the financial crisis.
Best of luck.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.