Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Vantage 3.0.......

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Oh Vantage 3.0.......

Long story short DMs TU report is finally free of all derogs and her FICO score shot up to a massive 817, but guess what?! Her Vantage score dropped from 791 to 764, idk how that scoring works but its messed up, you would think derogs get removed, score goes up NOT down...

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oh Vantage 3.0.......

My vantage scores go down as my fico goes up. previously I was close to 200 points apart Fako being higher, now I'm about 30-40 points apart

My wifes fako scores are now more in line with her Fico. with the exception of her TU, Fako TU is 771 and FICO is 790

FICO and FAKO are 2 diffrent animals.

the break down of the 2

Payment history (35%): Looks at on-time payments, late payments and defaults

• Amounts owed (30%): Looks how much you owe and on what accounts
  • Length of credit history (15%): Looks at how long you’ve had your credit accounts
  • New credit (10%): Looks for new credit accounts in a short period of time
  • Types of credit used (10%): Looks for experience with different types of credit

VantageScore

• Payment history (extremely influential): This factor still comes in at #1 as a predictor of risk. Late payments remain on your report for up to seven years for a reason. Creditors use your score to help determine how likely you are to pay your debt, so a history of untimely payments usually raises a red flag.
  • Age and type of credit (highly influential): This factor refers to your account mx and length of credit history. The key idea is to maintain a variety of account types, like credit cards and loans, over time.

• Credit utilization (highly influential): Your utilization percentage is calculated by dividing your balances by your available credit. It's generally recommended to keep your balances under 30 percent of your total credit limit.

• Total balances (moderately influential): This looks at the balances of both current and delinquent debt. Similar to utilization, reducing the amount of debt you owe can help improve your score.

• Recent behavior (less influential): This factor looks at how many credit accounts you've recently opened and the number of hard inquires placed on your file.

• Available credit (least influential): This is the amount of credit you have available at your disposal

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.