Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio tax lien

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohio tax lien

I have paid/satisfied/cancelled liens that show as "released."  If I go before a judge and have them "expunged" from the public record.  Would this make the item unverifiable and a dispute successful?  Has anybody any knowledge of this having been done?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ohio tax lien

Wondering the same thing

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have paid/satisfied/cancelled liens that show as "released."  If I go before a judge and have them "expunged" from the public record.  Would this make the item unverifiable and a dispute successful?  Has anybody any knowledge of this having been done?

I believe "expungement" only applies to criminal records, and it does not render them invisible. It merely allows one to legally answer "no" when asked if you have a criminal conviction - primarily for employment purposes.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You want the lien vacated.
Search the forum. I believe someone was successful in Ohio.

Good luck
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've already gotten them vacated. We've all been successful at that so far. But the state considers vacated and released as the same thing and they will show as released on the report but they won't be removed. They just leave them there like that. The one person that seems to have been successful no one else has been able to duplicate. I think we have all seen that post. But either it was a fluke, a different story comma or something else. No one seems to have the most concrete information. that's what we're trying to get here. And if someone thinks expungement is only for criminal matters well I need info someone knows, not thinks, no offense. Thank you all.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.