Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok..Dont all yell at me at once...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok..Dont all yell at me at once...

I know most of you don't like credit repair companies. My question in regards to them is: can they help with the removal of PAID charge offs?

I want to pay all my debts, as I do owe them. But, I would also like my report to be "clean". Can these companies help with that?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Ok..Dont all yell at me at once...

Yes they can help with the removal of old paid charge off's.  The question should be would they re appear again?  Yes they will.  There has been members here who has attested to paying them and then the re appear later.  My suggestion would be to gather all the knowledge you can off the forums and begin to work on it yourself.  There is enough valuable information here to deal with those yourself and keep the extra money that they are going to charge you. 

Good Luck

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my personal opinion you will be better off doing it yourself, and it will save you money.

I managed to get 5 collections completly deleted from my report myself since april of this year.

What kind of colletions are they? Medical? cc's, chargeoffs? Collections?

Who are the collection agencys? First option is asking for pfd's

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have definitely been reading and asking a ton of questions. But I don't recall seeing anyone ask about accounts that have already been paid.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you've already paid them, send a GW (goodwill letter)...there's plenty of templates on these forums...good luck!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any collections on my reports. I have 3 (2 unpaid) charge offs. I am going to pay these accounts in full. They will be paid by of before Thanksgiving. 

I definitely don't mind putting in the work myself, I have been since March of this year.  Just wondering if they could help.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Start with the smallest or newest debt. Call and request a pfd. You will most likely have to pay in full but its worth it to have it removed. Ask them to send you a signed agreement that they will delete it if paid in full. Once you receive the letter pay them. Then as soon as its off your report do the next one.

Thats how i did them. One at a time. It goes pretty quick.

Message 7 of 9
Pway
Valued Contributor

Here is something that I find beneficial to your case:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

This should help you out a ton.

Good Luck

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the confusion. 

I have sent PFD and GW to those I had to and Will continue to do so. I just wanted to know if they could help with paid charge offs. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.