Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok I have info now! Advice plz? :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I have info now! Advice plz? :)

Ok, FICO scores, 590 EX, 587 TU, 590 EQ. I have lots of collections, some say open and some say closed. What's the difference? Sorry, just starting and I don't know much. I don't know what a charge off is. Says 0 public records. No missed payments. Few current accounts. No credit card activity. No revolving activity. Installment balances.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ok I have info now! Advice plz? :)

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok, FICO scores, 590 EX, 587 TU, 590 EQ. I have lots of collections, some say open and some say closed. What's the difference? Sorry, just starting and I don't know much. I don't know what a charge off is. Says 0 public records. No missed payments. Few current accounts. No credit card activity. No revolving activity. Installment balances.

Pay off the lowest collections and work your way to the highest amount of collections. Try for a PFD ( Paid in Full Delete). Also, see if you can get a Cap1 card to open some good standing account, that would help your scores. 

Message 2 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pay off the lowest collections and work your way to the highest amount of collections. Try for a PFD ( Paid in Full Delete). Also, see if you can get a Cap1 card to open some good standing account, that would help your scores. 

+1

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is good news!! You are actually in okay shape with the start of your rebuild (meaning very close to 600s) vs being at 525 ..... so a charge off is a number of things. In simplistic terms, it is when you miss so many consecutive payments that the creditor belives they will not be able to collect the money from you & will soon (if not already) sell your debt to a collection agency. If it is not yet in collections, handle this charge off FAST. 

CLOSED COLLECTIONS: either have been paid, settled, or sold to another agency. These affect your credit score. You want to get them REMOVED.

OPEN COLLECTIONS: have not been paid, settled, or sold to another agency. These affect your score. You want to pay/settle them IF you can get them REMOVED.

......Try to apply for a Capital One Secured Card & Fingerhut. Once you get your collections straightened out a bit, go for the Cap1 unsecured lines of credit to get some revolving history. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!!!! Should I call some of these collections and try to get them to settle for less? Will they for sure remove it?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, try to come up with a Plan, and create a sense of Organization.

I can say that it is easy to get over-whelmed with this information, and sometimes confused.

I have information copied and pasted (based upon my needs) into documents, and I have them in electronic file folders, and I update that information when I come across new or more correct information.

And just when I think I am getting a solid knowledge base on one topic, another one pops up!

I also use the "search" function for different topics such as Ch 13 or NFCU's credit card. The amount of information and exceptional advice here is endless. But I find I have to keep it organized so that if I have to update my Strategy and Timeline, I can.

Part of my strategy includes what card I will apply for, and when. As well as other types of loans both for my benefit, and for the rebuilding of my credit and credit score. Why do I mention this? Because different vendors each has their preferred Credit Agency they use, and then also if it will be a HP or SP, Hard Pull or Soft Pull. Yep, it can appear a bit complicated at times, and my creation of a matrix for myself helps keep me on track.

Be Patient!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you so much!!!! Should I call some of these collections and try to get them to settle for less? Will they for sure remove it?
No it is not for sure that they will remove it particularly if you try to settle for less than the full amount owed.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.