Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, I need some serious help, an SOL question as well

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I need some serious help, an SOL question as well

Hello,

So my credit score started out as follows EF-587, EX-610, TU-623. I have been taking some misinformation off of my credit scores the last few months to get my scores up to buy a house (need a 640 for an FHA loan). My scores are now at EF-629, EX-638, TU-664. So two points away! I have recently been researching how to get some of these things taken off of my report.

Financial Control Services-Opened 11/09, Collection-2/10 has a balance of 840.00

This was a medical bill, the actual surgery was on Dec, 21 2007. So does the SOL date start from the surgery date or when it was opened? I live in Texas and the SOL is 4 years, so if that's true can I dispute it with the CRAs as being past the SOL date?

Non Reported-Opened 12/10, In collections, balance of 483.00 was closed as of 10/12

This is how it shows on my CR, NO information at all, so Im not sure how to go about getting it taken off or disputing it because I have NO information. Other than it being medical.

Central Financial Control-Opened 7/10, Collections 2/11. Paid in full for less than the amount owed.

This was also a medical bill, but the actual service was in 2008. So if the SOL date is when it starts then I just have to wait it out. Or can I send them a letter getting them to take it off, although paid?

Im just not sure what letters to send out and all that good stuff. If I left any information out that you need just let me know. Any help on this would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ok, I need some serious help, an SOL question as well

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

So my credit score started out as follows EF-587, EX-610, TU-623. I have been taking some misinformation off of my credit scores the last few months to get my scores up to buy a house (need a 640 for an FHA loan). My scores are now at EF-629, EX-638, TU-664. So two points away! I have recently been researching how to get some of these things taken off of my report.

Financial Control Services-Opened 11/09, Collection-2/10 has a balance of 840.00

This was a medical bill, the actual surgery was on Dec, 21 2007. So does the SOL date start from the surgery date or when it was opened? I live in Texas and the SOL is 4 years, so if that's true can I dispute it with the CRAs as being past the SOL date?  SOL will be from date of service.  SOL has nothing to do with disputing from your CR.  The CRTP is 7 years + 180 days to stay on your report.  You should try a PFD.

Non Reported-Opened 12/10, In collections, balance of 483.00 was closed as of 10/12

This is how it shows on my CR, NO information at all, so Im not sure how to go about getting it taken off or disputing it because I have NO information. Other than it being medical. Who is reporting on your CR?  That's who you should try for with a PFD.

Central Financial Control-Opened 7/10, Collections 2/11. Paid in full for less than the amount owed.

This was also a medical bill, but the actual service was in 2008. So if the SOL date is when it starts then I just have to wait it out. Or can I send them a letter getting them to take it off, although paid? Send a GW letter.

Im just not sure what letters to send out and all that good stuff. If I left any information out that you need just let me know. Any help on this would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your response. On the one that says not reported, thats all it says. It has no address no phone number and no company. So maybe if I dispute it with the CRAs maybe they will take it off? I definately will be sending out a GW letter for the paid one. So the SOL is 7 years no matter what state im in? If it was done in 07 it would come off in 2014. Either way ill see if they will let me do a PFD on it. Thanks again for your help!

Message 3 of 4
JustinNguyen
Contributor

Why don't you just start complaint to BBB.sart with you don't know when theyCoe. And you don't know who they are. They never send you any letter try to collect money's.and you just tell them that not your account lol

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.