cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok.. So I am going to do this come H*ll or High Water... Just needing some direction! :)

tag
MzCharming
New Contributor

Ok.. So I am going to do this come H*ll or High Water... Just needing some direction! :)

OK,

So I need some help. My BK 7 was discharged in 11/2012 and I started trying to raise my credit scores and fell flat of my face when I lost my job. Defaulted on EVERY credit card that I had opened. I have started again and raised my scores from EX. 486, EQ. 411, TU.492 to EX.563, EQ.550, and TU.553. I have several things that I want to get under control to hopefully hit the 600's by Jan. 1 and this is where I need some help.

I need to know what to do with my chargeoffs. (These were very recent 2012/2013) So the SOL is still in play. I am thinking PIF and GW the heck out of them but I will let you all be the jugde and jury on these.

1. Fingerhut: Approx 200. ChargeOff  08/2013

2. PNC ($350) CO Acct

3. 5/3 Bank (323)

4 First Premier: 560

5.Capital One: 1132

6: Capital one 189 (PAID)

My first order of business was to get several cards reestablished which I did. Currently at 95% Utilization. I know I have to get that down and I will in the next coming weeks. I know that it should be around 1 -9% on ONE card. I have three now... The two in my siggy and a Verve, which I took before I looked at all the terms and conditions. I want to get another car around the 1st of the year with a better interest rate and payment. Possible???

Someone help with this mess I call my credit score. PWEASE! I make a mean cupcake and am willing to ship anywhere in the continental US! LOL

Where I Started: TU: 492 EQ: 411 EX: 486
Where I Am: TU:550 EQ: 530, EX 557
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Ok.. So I am going to do this come H*ll or High Water... Just needing some direction! :)

Well, whether you want to pay the charge offs is up to you.  If it's still inside the SOL I wouldn't touch it/make contact unless you are ready to PIF incase they try to sue you.  As far as utilization, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you are going to be applying for something soon.  Of course it makes a difference in your score, but the baddies are what is holding your score down the most.  I would focus on paying off/settling any debts if that is your intention and then get your utilization in line when applying for something.

Message 2 of 8
MzCharming
New Contributor

Re: Ok.. So I am going to do this come H*ll or High Water... Just needing some direction! :)

So my question is this... Are the chargeoffs holding down my utilization or will even paying them at this point do any good? What are my chances in getting to the mid/high 600's with my problems.

Message 3 of 8
MzCharming
New Contributor

Anyone??? BUMP

Message 4 of 8
MzCharming
New Contributor

Bump

Message 5 of 8
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

charge offs showing a balance will impact your utilization.  if you have any of these, you should pay them.

Message 6 of 8
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Do some searching on these boards. FPB and Cap One RARELY do an early deletion or GW at all. That is not to say that you should not try- but know you will need to be persistent and that it will take time. Also, they new positive tradelines will need to report for six or more months with excellent pay history to assist getting your scores up. Finally, paying the COs off will help in terms of your overall utilization. That said, if they are not currently reporting every month you may initially see a loss. 

Is the high 600s a goal for a particular reason or just something you are shooting for?

Message 7 of 8
MzCharming
New Contributor

I would like to finance a car with a decent rate at or less than 5%. My car is holding on by a thread and I want to replace it before she goes caput! Smiley Happy My overall goal is to have a credit score at or above 720. I knwo that will take some hard work and tenacity but I am in it to win it!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.