Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok more questions

tag
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Ok more questions

So, after contacting FCO about their collection, they send me a bunch of documents, including what seems to be a letter from the OC sent 7/23/12.  I never received this letter, go figure(the owners of this apartment complex are known to be unscrupulous).    So looking at it, I found it pretty peculiar that:

1) The Certified Mail Numbers were partially cut off

2) There is no address on the Certified Mail receipt, since people would likely write who they're sending it to (at least I do).

3) The Receipt conveniently covers the address block, obscuring the address where they mailed  the letter.

So maybe they did mail it - to an address I no longer resided.   Although, their included statement has my current address (and old name) and a statement date of 7/23/12, the OC was never given my current address, as I indicated a PO Box on my move out form, so the first time they would have known of this address was after I contacted FCO.

Wanting to determine an actual mailing, I used a certified tracking receipt I have and tried to match the bottom half of the numbers on their receipt to actual numbers based on the look.   Then, using Excel, I came up with ever possible combination I could think of for the numbers, ensuring I captured the difficult ones with all its possibilities(i.e. I have no clue what the 15th number is so I tried 2, 3, 5, 6, and 8).   In all, I came up with 684 possible tracking numbers.  I then used the USPS site to find statuses on each of those numbers.  Only 6 came back as valid tracking numbers - 1 in 2013, and 5 in 2014.  Obviously, none were from this company to me.

So, my questions are:  Should I ask FCO for a complete tracking number since the OC claims they sent it certified mail?  Should I ask for the original letter from the OC without the address block obscured?   What happens if there is no tracking information to indicate the letter was ever actually mailed?

mail letter.JPG 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ok more questions

bump

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would - I'd tell them that you need a readable copy of the tracking number and a copy of the letter showing WHO/WHERE it was addressed to.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you did a great job of proving the tracking number isnt accurate, which begs the question of what else isnt?

Dont know how much time they would spend on manufacturing something to look authentic, as in, when is it worth it?

You should be able to get a copy of the letter w/out address info blocked out, but most likely have to come from the OC.

GL

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this is an account you recognize, you could call FCO, point out their documentation is faulty and offer a PFD settlement to make the issue go away. Midland pulled this with me - the statements they sent to "support" their claim only showed half the width of the page, and cut off address, date of statement, amount past due, etc. 

If they refuse, I'd keep on letting them know they haven't satisfied any kind of documentation requirements. It doesn't sound like anything they've given you can be verified. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.