Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, so I screwed up..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I screwed up..

Went online and disputed 2 old accounts that have long been closed, each with a TON of lates from 5-6 years ago, simply claimed they weren't mine, which I thought was "validating" them.. anyway, now I learn that was wrong and having them show is being disputed is bad as we will soon be doing a refi on our house.. how long will it take the dispute process to work so these are no longer listed as disputed?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ok, so I screwed up..

I am not an expert, but I know it takes awhile. You might be better off contacting Credit bureaus to get them to remove your request. The sooner you do it the better, because when I called equifax to get my dispute removed they said i could no longer request it through them because it was sent to CA and they posted  it, so now I have to request a certified letter from CA and send it to the bureau to have it removed or have the CA contact bureau to remove it, and they are not always helpful with this matter. So don't wait, do it now!

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Invetigation of a dispute is required under FCRA 611(a) to be completed by the CRA within 30-days of the date of your dispute, with the results then sent to you within 5-days of the completion of their investigation.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So within 35-45 days of making the dispute, it should be removed?? We aren't starting the process until about  May as we have a few other things we need to get cleaned up and let season..

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Once the CRA investigation is completed, the results witll be stored under what is called a "compliance condition code" in your CR.  This does not delete the filing of the dspute itself.  It updates the compliance condition code to "FCRA dispute concluded."

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is this going to be a problem when we do a 203K refi on our home this summer?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.