Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay, now what do I do?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Okay, now what do I do?

@Anonymous wrote:

Some were paid charge offs, two were in good standing and closed by consumer, so should I pay the balance in a payment plan or let it ride?  I may have to go with Orchard to raise my score some.  thanks a lot for all your advice.  PS. Can I GW the CO's on my reports, all say $0, but charge off or collection account?

You should never close a CC in good standing.  Especially if it is your oldest account.

It is out of SOL and a CO.  Making any payments should not reset the SOL for suing.  You could ask Cap One if they would reopen the card if you paid it off or made payments on it. 

Yes, you can GW any COs or collections that are paid. You will need to send a GW letter to everyone reporting. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Okay, now what do I do?

I already have GW's ready to go!  I have contacted cap one and they said that I must put my request in writing.  I want to put the old balance on a new rebuilding card.  Now what do I write, because I don't want to put myself in a pickle,  the balance now is $1400, original balance was $300.  or should I just do the payment plan with no interest adding on?

Thanks

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.