Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay waiting 60 days, CR still not updated

tag
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

Okay waiting 60 days, CR still not updated

Okay after waiting 60 days for my credit reports to update for some accounts I PIF, the accounts are still showing "Derogatory", "Unpaid".  This looks ugly on my credit report.  These accounts have been paid and I would like them to be updated.  I have given the CRA 60 days already to update these reports but still nothing.  Who do I contact the CAs? or the CRA and dispute?  Or should I wait another 30 days (90) days to see if anything is updated?

Any advice would be great.
Thanks for your time.

v/r
James
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Okay waiting 60 days, CR still not updated

Have you disputed these with the CRA's and provided proof that they are PIF? Or did you pay the CA and you are now waiting on them to update?
Message 2 of 5
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

wahmom wrote:
Have you disputed these with the CRA's and provided proof that they are PIF? Or did you pay the CA and you are now waiting on them to update?

I have not disputed with the CRA's yet, I was wondering if I should.  I have all proof PIF letters.  I PIF'd these CA's over 60 days ago in writing, but they have yet to update my CRA.

I was wondering what I should do now.  Do I contact the CA and tell them to update the reports or should I dispute with the CRA's, as these accounts being paid?

I don't know why some of these CA's take 30+ days to update a report, It should be updated immediately after payment.  They are so quick to knock you on negative remarks but so slow to report positive.

v/r
James 
Message 3 of 5
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

I may be wrong but if it were me I would dispute with CRA and provide the proof that you have. Do a search on here for CRA fax numbers and this may be an option for it to be done quicker. I hope it is resolved for you soon.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

At this point, you may as well do an online dispute with the CRA's. It should have the box to dispute as 'paid in full'. This may be the quickest way to get it updated.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.