Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oklahoma Tax Lien Question

tag
Lvlover26
Valued Member

Oklahoma Tax Lien Question

Okay so quick question... I have been working overtime to get things paid off and I have a state tax lien of 
$568 that I am planning on paying off. Just from everyone's experience I was wanting to  know how much

of an increase on my credit scores could I be looking at? Of course, I know it is always different with every 

situation. Just would like to get an idea. Also, has anyone had any luck getting a  withdrawl and removal

completely from credit reports? Any info is appreciated!

EQ: 494 (6/30/15) TU: 500 (6/30/15) EX:528 (6/27/15)
EQ: 535 (9/1/15) TU: 552 (9/1/15) EX: 546 (9/1/15)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Oklahoma Tax Lien Question

@Lvlover26 wrote:

Okay so quick question... I have been working overtime to get things paid off and I have a state tax lien of 
$568 that I am planning on paying off. Just from everyone's experience I was wanting to  know how much

of an increase on my credit scores could I be looking at? Of course, I know it is always different with every 

situation. Just would like to get an idea. Also, has anyone had any luck getting a  withdrawl and removal

completely from credit reports? Any info is appreciated!

Simply paying off a tax lien typically doesnt have an impact on your scores its the fact that it happened that Fico looks at. Some have reported a few points being gained but Im not convinced its due to paying the lien. There are people who have successfully had the lien withdrawn/expunged after its been paid this is what it gets it off your report as the FCRA allows a lein to be reported 7 years from the date of payment. As to whether or not you will be successful really depends on what state issued the lien there are some that it is impossible with unless it was filed in error to begin with.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.