Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old AAFES charge-off

tag
ceejx
Established Contributor

Old AAFES charge-off

I don't know why this is bothering me, but I keep picking at it like a scab on my credit report. As mentioned before I have a PAID AAFES charge-off with a DOFD in 2006. The people who keep updating my disputes on this are all over the place, like they don't know what they're doing and the report changes constantly, and I just want this thing to be set right and even across the board.

Current status:

My EX is showing a 120 late as of 9/06 with no data until closed in Jul 2012 ... changed to a 'Charge Card' from a credit card

My EQ is showing it OK from 10/2005 until 6/2012 with a 30 day late and a 30/60/90 day late in 2006 and a KD/CO in may2012 (keep in mind I paid this more than a year ago)

my TU no longer shows the payment history, they rekeyed it some way as to remove all of that, just shows "ACCOUNT CLOSED DUE TO TRANSFER" (all of them show this) and "Account paid in full; was a charge-off" and changed the type to a "Charge Account" ... but shows estimated removal date of 12/2012 .. but no other history or keys..

I guess my question is, do I just leave it alone and let it fall off in 6 months? or do I keep picking at it to get them all to report the same... all 3 accounts are all over the place and it's annoying....

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Old AAFES charge-off

Your DOFD is entered into your credit file under the separate reporting requirement of FCRA 623(a)(5).  It is required to have been reported by the OC within 90 days of their reporting of the charge-off.  The CRAs dont use payment history profile to calculate credit report exclusion, they use the "FCRA Compliance Date/Date of First Delinquency" reported to that code.  So any discrepancies in reported payment history profile dates is not the determining factor.

It appears, based on the dates given, that the reported DOFD is accurate. The other referenced "updates" are not relevant to DOFD.

To challenge DOFD, and thus credit report exclusion, you would have to know the specific DOFD reported by the OC.  You could pursue that by way of request under FCRA 609(a)(1), requiring the CRA to provide that specific date. 

By the time you go through that process, it will most likely already be excluded.

Message 2 of 3
ceejx
Established Contributor

Re: Old AAFES charge-off

@RobertEG wrote:

Your DOFD is entered into your credit file under the separate reporting requirement of FCRA 623(a)(5).  It is required to have been reported by the OC within 90 days of their reporting of the charge-off.  The CRAs dont use payment history profile to calculate credit report exclusion, they use the "FCRA Compliance Date/Date of First Delinquency" reported to that code.  So any discrepancies in reported payment history profile dates is not the determining factor.

It appears, based on the dates given, that the reported DOFD is accurate. The other referenced "updates" are not relevant to DOFD.

To challenge DOFD, and thus credit report exclusion, you would have to know the specific DOFD reported by the OC.  You could pursue that by way of request under FCRA 609(a)(1), requiring the CRA to provide that specific date. 

By the time you go through that process, it will most likely already be excluded.

Thank you... good info... I'm pretty confident these will fall off 12/12 (and kill my AAoA since it's my oldest account from 1998) but I'm more concerned with how it effects my credit in the mean time with all the innacuracies... maybe it doesnt since my EX is showing a 120 day late and the rest dont, but they have similar scores.... just irritates me that they keep changing it in weird ways when I try to dispute it to all be in agreement...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.