cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Account Reappearing - Need Advice Please!!!

tag
keyelove
New Contributor

Old Account Reappearing - Need Advice Please!!!

I've worked really hard to get things straightened out on my credit. I no longer had any more collections.

I had a really old Peoples Energy account from 2002. It shows on my TU report that the last payment was made on 5/2006 and the account was charged off 10/03/2006. However, they have a DOFD in 2008. I can not get TU to remove it. What steps can I take to get this removed.

Starting Score Early 2013: TU - 556 & EF - 552 & EXP - 591
Current Score 10/09/14 (MyFico): TU - 666 & EF - 665 & EXP- 711
Goal Score: 730 Across all 3 bureaus
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Old Account Reappearing - Need Advice Please!!!

@keyelove wrote:

I've worked really hard to get things straightened out on my credit. I no longer had any more collections.

I had a really old Peoples Energy account from 2002. It shows on my TU report that the last payment was made on 5/2006 and the account was charged off 10/03/2006. However, they have a DOFD in 2008. I can not get TU to remove it. What steps can I take to get this removed.

File a complaint with the CFPB against both entities, it appears its been re aged and thats illegal, I would also request 1K as part of the resolution for violating the FCRA.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.