Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Accounts That Were Disputed Now Have March C/O

tag
kris10smom
Valued Member

Old Accounts That Were Disputed Now Have March C/O

Hi Everyone...I was looking at my EX report from after my last dispute with EX and I see that 2 of the old CC accounts I disputed now have Charge Off of March 2013.  One account just added it to the original charge off date and one account changed it exclusively to March 2013.  Can this be correct?  How many times can they charge off the same account and can they change the charge off date when they "update" from a dispute?

Thanks in advance!

Kris10smom

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 682
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Old Accounts That Were Disputed Now Have March C/O

Can you post before and after pics?

Were they possibly not reporting for awhile and when they updated now say reported Mar 13?

Message 2 of 5
kris10smom
Valued Member

The one that lists 2 charge off dates has been reporting ND since Jan 2009 and now KD on March 2013. The other one has random ND's throughout but the updated report is blank until March 2013.  I don't know how to post a pic of it...sorry.  The descriptions at the end say Charged off March 2013.

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It looks like they were dormant for awhile and when you disputed it updated the reported date to show current.  It isn't illegal.  Once a CO always a CO.  Are these paid?

Message 4 of 5
kris10smom
Valued Member

No, they're not paid.  I wanted to dispute everything and pay what is left.  Yes, they were dormant for a long time.  SOL is this year and they will fall off in 2014.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.