Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Address still showing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Address still showing

I disputed an old address on the 6th. The nice lady on the phone said she'd go ahead and delete it. I received a notice to my email with the results of the dispute. It said the address has been deleted. However, it's still on my credit report. Does anyone have experience with this? Does it normally take awhile to actually disappear?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Address still showing

@Anonymous wrote:

I disputed an old address on the 6th. The nice lady on the phone said she'd go ahead and delete it. I received a notice to my email with the results of the dispute. It said the address has been deleted. However, it's still on my credit report. Does anyone have experience with this? Does it normally take awhile to actually disappear?

How/where are you viewing your report?

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled a report directly from Equifax.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like it should already be gone by now. Might give them a call and let them know one of their monkeys is asleep at the switch....

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grrrr. I guess I will have to give them another call. I hate calling the CRAs.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you viewing your reports on EQ ??? Are you signed up for their online monitoring by chance ??? If you are, you need to refresh your report. You do not receive a new report or updated scores upon logging in. It'll show you your same old report from the last time you refreshed it. EQ makes it confusing. In a very small box at the very bottom of the page you can select update, than you have to go thru and purchase your new report for free (dumb, I know), than it'll say "view your product" and you select it. It's the worst of the 3 CA's if you ask me, and I subscribe to all of them. If your not subscribed to their service you should've received a new report when you got the results of your dispute. It should be corrected on the new report. Make sure your definitely looking at a brand new report and not one from earlier.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How are you viewing your reports on EQ ??? Are you signed up for their online monitoring by chance ??? If you are, you need to refresh your report. You do not receive a new report or updated scores upon logging in. It'll show you your same old report from the last time you refreshed it. EQ makes it confusing. In a very small box at the very bottom of the page you can select update, than you have to go thru and purchase your new report for free (dumb, I know), than it'll say "view your product" and you select it. It's the worst of the 3 CA's if you ask me, and I subscribe to all of them. If your not subscribed to their service you should've received a new report when you got the results of your dispute. It should be corrected on the new report. Make sure your definitely looking at a brand new report and not one from earlier.

Yes, refresh your report. Something similar happened to me. I received a message that two accounts I disputed had been removed, but I had to update my report to see the changes.

In my wallet: Venture 15k; Barclay Ring 12.5k; Discover 10k; PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa 10k; PenFed Promise 10k; CareCredit 7.7k; Amazon Store Card 5k. QS 5k; BA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BA Platinum Visa 2k; Barclay Apple Rewards 2k. Total Credit: 86,200. 7/2-FICO: EQ - 788; TU - 779; EX - 690; Utilization: 12%; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 7 TU: 6; EX 3; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 7/7. Gardening until further notice.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested old addresses be deleted, received a paper copy in the mail stating that the old addresses (listed each one) had been deleted, but then on the very next page at the beginning of the actual updated report all of those addresses still show, but now all have updated reported dates.  To preemptively answer, no- these are not tied to any actively reporting tradelines.

Message 8 of 15
bestchoiceglobal
Contributor

Does this info make a difference at all? I have a ton of old addresses on my reports that I don't care to see. Just wondering if it's something I should consider updating too.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I just called and spoke with someone and she said that something wonky must've happened with their system, that she shows where they were supposed to be removed, but updated instead and they'd be gone within 24-48 hours .  TU deleted everything on the spot and as we all know EX was difficult to say the least and removed some, but not all

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.