cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old CC account dropped on Equifax but not others.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old CC account dropped on Equifax but not others.

So I have an old Capitol One CC that is from June 08. I don't recall ever having this card. Needless to say, it was maxed out ($500) and has been delinquent since Oct 08. I know that the state limitation is 3 years here and 5 years where Capitol One's office is, so I guess they cannot legally collect. It should also fall off after the 7 years, in November.

Yesterday when checking my Creditkarma, it said that Equifax had removed this account from its reporting info. However the other two have not removed it. Would it be possible to request that it be removed by Transunion and Experion? If not, what should I do?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Old CC account dropped on Equifax but not others.

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have an old Capitol One CC that is from June 08. I don't recall ever having this card. Needless to say, it was maxed out ($500) and has been delinquent since Oct 08. I know that the state limitation is 3 years here and 5 years where Capitol One's office is, so I guess they cannot legally collect. It should also fall off after the 7 years, in November.

Yesterday when checking my Creditkarma, it said that Equifax had removed this account from its reporting info. However the other two have not removed it. Would it be possible to request that it be removed by Transunion and Experion? If not, what should I do?

You can call the other 2 CRAs or write them a letter asking that they be excluded early. guidelines are TU 6 mo in advance of scheduled drop date EX 1-3 months. Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Old CC account dropped on Equifax but not others.

The CRAs would exclude adverse information reported on the account, such as delinquencies that reach 7 years of age, but they would not have excluded the entire trade line.

Deletion is entirely different.  It almost certainly resulted from the reporting to that one CRA by the creditor to delete their reporting.

They can choose to discontinue reporting to any individual CRA.  That is not basis for contesting the continued accuracy of their reporting with the other CRAs,

You can contact he creditor and request that they also delete with the other CRAs, or you can simply wait for the derogs under the account to reach credit report exclusion, and then retain the age of the account in your scoring.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.