Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old COllection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old COllection

i had a collection from 2006 final drop my report in jan 2015 and recently got a letter from a collection agency sayin I owe and I'm approved to pay half the debt and it be done but it was already on my report for 7 yrs and fell off can they put it for another 7 yrs now and it's from 2006
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old COllection

Regardless of what state you are in, you should be well past the SOL on this.

Message 2 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Once it has passed the CRTP, it can not be put back on.  You have 2 options, settle (and I would not settle for half, maybe 10 percent), or send them a cease and desist letter.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I first got a letter from them I wrote back and said that this account was not mine and it had been on my report for 7yrs plus and has just got removed and that they are way past sol and that I would like for them to leave me alone and I'm not going to pay anything. I got a letter back from them about a week ago and it was a paper for the bill I supposedly owed and I haven't responded back and am not going to but I'm just wondering can they legally put another collection on my cra with it already being on for 7yrs and just getting removed? I would think so since its past sol should I tell them to F off what u think
Message 4 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
When I first got a letter from them I wrote back and said that this account was not mine and it had been on my report for 7yrs plus and has just got removed and that they are way past sol and that I would like for them to leave me alone and I'm not going to pay anything. I got a letter back from them about a week ago and it was a paper for the bill I supposedly owed and I haven't responded back and am not going to but I'm just wondering can they legally put another collection on my cra with it already being on for 7yrs and just getting removed? I would think so since its past sol should I tell them to F off what u think

No only one run is allowed and that communication from them is a violation of the FDCPA. You told them to leave you alone that is a C&D, they can only contact you one more time to say they are ceasing all collection efforts and you will not hear from them again. I would now send them an ITS letter with demand of no further contact or you will file suit to collect 1K for each violation of the FDCPA.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow really! Yea I told them this was on my report for 7yrs already and to leave me alone and it wasn't mine I. The first place but mainly told them to leave me alone and then they sent me a copy of original bill from more than 7yrs ago and they said I.etter here the paperwork you requested. I was like wth I never requested anything and just have been hoping nothing pops up from them. I do t know what an ITS letter is. Where can I find one cuz I will send them one or should I call them they gave me a number to call to set up payments can u believe these people man I hate absolutely hate collection people they are bottom feeders that have no heart.
Message 6 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow really! Yea I told them this was on my report for 7yrs already and to leave me alone and it wasn't mine I. The first place but mainly told them to leave me alone and then they sent me a copy of original bill from more than 7yrs ago and they said I.etter here the paperwork you requested. I was like wth I never requested anything and just have been hoping nothing pops up from them. I do t know what an ITS letter is. Where can I find one cuz I will send them one or should I call them they gave me a number to call to set up payments can u believe these people man I hate absolutely hate collection people they are bottom feeders that have no heart.

Intent to sue letter.   You can Google examples of this letter.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info and advice thus far gDALE6 I didn't think I was going to get any feed back. I had posted the two tax liens and one collection that was updating monthly had got removed from EQ yesterday I believe and wondered if my score would bump up. I know tax liens really hurt your score if on report I have gotten them removed from TU and EQ now just have EX left and it seems like EQ has been the hardest to get stuff removed from have been disputing for months
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 Gdale

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.