Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old CapOne Account question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old CapOne Account question...

I have an Old CapOne Account that went to collection and was paid in full.  DOLA was January 2005.  I called CapOne (backdoor number)  to see if they can do a GW for me and remove it from the 3 CB. The Senior Analyst can't  find my old account number.

My question is:  If they can't find my account number or prove that my account went to collection, can I dispute this to all 3 CB?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Menecrates
Valued Member

Re: Old CapOne Account question...

Try Capital One Recovery at (800) 258-9319. 

I called the main number several times and they could never find my accounts.  Disputed with no avail either.  Finally got transferred around several times and ended up with their recovery team.  They should have your info.

I settled all my old accounts and now have a new cap one card to help rebuild my credit.  I hope to GW them in a few months after I have a new positive payment history.

Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ: 468 - 2/2013
Current Score: EQ: 620, EX: 611, TU: 599 - 7/2013
Goal Score: 750's

Message 2 of 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Old CapOne Account question...

I think you should send them a DV letter - the templates for DV letters are up there in the stickies in blue letters.  If you dispute directly and then it validates, that's not good.  You only want to dispute with CRA's as a last ditch effort, and only if something is wrong.  Otherwise you will get labeled as a "frivilous disputer" and they won't help you with anything.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.