Did you mean: 

Old Cell phone bill - confusing reporting - DV response - stuff

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Old Cell phone bill - confusing reporting - DV response - stuff

Credit Account

Credit Account Nco Fin/22

Status as of [?] Jan, 2010 Date opened [?] Oct, 2007 Date of last activity [?] Oct, 2005 Date closed [?] Not Reported Account number [?] Not Reported Loan type [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] $120 Terms [?] Not Reported Account Type [?] Open Account Account holder [?] Individual Scheduled payment amount [?] $0
Descriptions [?]
  • Collection account

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $120 120+ days past due $120 Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times Worst Delinquency [?]   None Reported  

Message Edited by mauve on 03-08-2010 08:59 PM

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Old Cell phone bill - confusing reporting - DV response - stuff

I DV'd this (note that it is a CA reporting as an open account with a 120 day delinquency).

I received this letter back:

RE:  NCO Portfolio management as successor in interest to Sprint

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the above-referenced account.  Please be advised that we have contacted the creditor with a request for validation of the above-referenced account.  We will forward any materials we receive as a result of our request to your attention for your review and consideration.

In addition, please be advised that we have contacted the credit bureaus, with which we do business, with our request to delete our listing of the above-referenced account for the ss# we have listed in our records.  NCO Financial Systems, INc. cannot effect a change to how any other company or entity may have listed the account on your credit profile.

We appreciate the oportunity to respond to your inquiry. 

One more thing: I had a triple report pulled by an organization (non-profit, state-sponsored) organization that you have to go through in my country for down payment assistance and FHA / VA / USDA / NSP loans.  on that report, it said NCO for Progressive Insurance - and was for the same amount.  

Should I leave it lie, or send them a letter about the Progressive thing as well?  Assume they're the same?  That was listed as an open account and it was the only NCO entry on the triple report.  

Also, how long should I expect it to be before this TL is deleted?  

(I initially considered sending a mean note about how the open account was a violation of reporting rules, since they are a CA...) 

Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I saw your other post....ignore my response.

Congrats. They'll delete. Give them a month or so, but I bet it'll be off soon. Keep an eye on your reports. Don't contact the CRAs as that could delay their departure.

That's weired with Progressive and Sprint. Coincidence? Could it have said "Progressive Management" vs. "Progressive Insurance"? Progressive Mgmt Systems is know to buy old cell phone debt. Look for differences in dates and reporting to make sure you aren't dealing with two different TLs. I'd suggest pulling from each CRA. You can get all 3 for free from annualcreditreport.com.

Message 3 of 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

I just did the annualcreditreport.com thing recently - unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to print it all (and one of them was having issues at the time, I don't remember which.) 

The entry without an OC listed was on my Equifax, I'm currently enrolled in SW - I plan to pull TU soon, depending on the results of other issues.  It was on the triple report that it listed Progressive Insurance, and when I contacted my insurance agent to ask about it (same agent, I switched insurance companies), the amount is close to an issue I did have with Progressive Insurance around then.  

However, it seems like even if it reappears, I have some leverage if it reappears the same way (open account being reported by a CA with 120+ days late), right? 

Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

mauve wrote:

I just did the annualcreditreport.com thing recently - unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to print it all (and one of them was having issues at the time, I don't remember which.) 

The entry without an OC listed was on my Equifax, I'm currently enrolled in SW - I plan to pull TU soon, depending on the results of other issues.  It was on the triple report that it listed Progressive Insurance, and when I contacted my insurance agent to ask about it (same agent, I switched insurance companies), the amount is close to an issue I did have with Progressive Insurance around then.  

However, it seems like even if it reappears, I have some leverage if it reappears the same way (open account being reported by a CA with 120+ days late), right? 

Probably TU. That gives me grief w/ cookies when I print my report then my DW's report. I have to order from different computers each year.

Your report pulled directly from equifax.com should show the OC. You can order a report outside of the free annual report. Plus there are ways of getting it for free if you had adverse action, added inquiry on EQ (denied credit), and I think there's a way to refresh the reports, though I don't recall. I order all 3 reports directly from each CRA every 90 days and we never pay for them, well on second thought, on occasion EQ.

IMO, no. lates reporting isn't leverage. IMO, your goal is to get it deleted, not fixed. Plus they are investigating the one item and I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole for a while.

Message 5 of 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

The first post is the cut and paste from the Equifax through SW.  Now that I look at the triple report (from CBCInnovis, which, incidentally, put an inquiry on my report), the NCO address is different for the Progressive one - and it looks like the only people it's reporting to is TU.  Should I DV this other address?

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

mauve wrote:

The first post is the cut and paste from the Equifax through SW.  Now that I look at the triple report (from CBCInnovis, which, incidentally, put an inquiry on my report), the NCO address is different for the Progressive one - and it looks like the only people it's reporting to is TU.  Should I DV this other address?

This is me...I would not do anything until the other NCO went away (Sprint). I would ready a DV and probably would send it by the end of April if nothing happened.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.