Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Charge Off reporting new DOLA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Charge Off reporting new DOLA

I have a charge off with HSBC that I disputed with all 3 CRA's a month ago. At that time, the DOLA was around 2 years old. They all 3 verified it, and now my DOLA is MAy 2008!! There was no activity, I just disputed the account. I had no idea this could happen as a result or I would have just left it alone. So now I have been paying all my bills on time for the past year with no slip ups, and I get a brand new missed payment mark on my reports. What do you suggest I do?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
NMW2008
Established Member

Re: Old Charge Off reporting new DOLA

Bump
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

This often happens after disputing. It's normal. Your FICO score probably took a hit with the new late, but your DOLA did not change. If you were to pull your original report directly from TU and/or EX, you'll likely find a drop off date (some CC accts don't have this though). So as long as that date didn't change, meaning it doesn't say 2015, then you are OK. Otherwise it was improperly re-aged.

I can't speak to HSBC, but if you were to offer a PFD, they might accept it and you could get it removed. If it is your oldest account, then you might want to reconsider ever doing a PFD and pay them without it. You can actually lose points by removing and old, unpaid CO.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similiar problem with Cap 1 changing the DOLA to more recent. The account was approaching the 7 year mark. I simply sent the CBs old copies of CRs showing the previous date.  All 3 deleted the account.
Message 4 of 5
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

I simply sent the CBs old copies of CRs showing the previous date.  All 3 deleted the account.

HMMMMMMM you just gave me an idea  Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.