cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Charge-off - Not sure if ever paid, strategy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Charge-off - Not sure if ever paid, strategy?

Grape wrote:

As I noted above, this CO is set to fall off in 12/2010. So, because it is not clear whether this is paid and based on others' experiences, it appears any GW would likely not have any positive affect and if I contact them and it was never paid and I pay (odds of PFD look slim to none as well), then I run the risk of this staying on my report for another 7+ years. Am I thinking correctly on all this? Do people agree that I should just stick it out for the next 20 months and let this CO sit? How bad will this single and only negative item affect me? Any ideas on a max score possibillity? (I have 6 positive revolving accounts, and currently paying down my Util % with goal to reach 50% in 4-5 months).

Thanks again for all your advice.

CRTP goes from DOFD. At this stage in the game, nothing can legally change the DOFD, not even paying.

If it is your only negative, it is keeping you in a bucket with others who have negatives.

I can't give you an idea on score gain because there are too many factors.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.