Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Chargeoff - New Late Reporting

tag
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Old Chargeoff - New Late Reporting

A chargeoff that I had last date of delinquincy of 2011 (5 years) had gone dorment for about 3 years. It is now, all of the sudden, dropped off, re-reported and is claiming me as 30day two months ago, 60 days last month and now 90 days... its all of the sudden put a huge hit on my credit report. I have no payment arrangements with them and they are obviously putting it back on to hurt me...

Are there any rules I'm not aware of for labeling it as 30, 60 and 90 days late now?

This is with the original lender Green Tree... it was my second mortgage from 5 years ago. My score has dropped 30-40 points as a result of the sudden lates where I had been showing perfect for 2 years on all other accounts.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Old Chargeoff - New Late Reporting

Had same problem with a credit one charge off. First, dispute with credit bureaus, online or by phone works. Upload copy of old report showing prior collection reporting.  When all else fails, file cfpb complain against collection agency, include credit reporting agencies not removing from earlier disputes. In complaint, ask for Method of Verification regarding lates, etc, from you disputes with credit bureaus.

Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Had same problem with a credit one charge off. First, dispute with credit bureaus, online or by phone works. Upload copy of old report showing prior collection reporting.  When all else fails, file cfpb complain against collection agency, include credit reporting agencies not removing from earlier disputes. In complaint, ask for Method of Verification regarding lates, etc, from you disputes with credit bureaus.

Good advice.

Message 3 of 6
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Can they claim I'm late on something that hasn't had payments in 4 years? They went 3 years listing CO CO CO CO and now all the sudden I'm 30 days, 60 days and 90 days late? I just know the know the rules or what to claim they are doing wrong. Thanks for your advice... (NOTE: They are not a collection agency.. this is the original lender who held on to the debt all this time)

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 4 of 6
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

@dallasareaguy wrote:

Can they claim I'm late on something that hasn't had payments in 4 years? They went 3 years listing CO CO CO CO and now all the sudden I'm 30 days, 60 days and 90 days late? I just know the know the rules or what to claim they are doing wrong. Thanks for your advice... (NOTE: They are not a collection agency.. this is the original lender who held on to the debt all this time)

To the best of my knowlege as long as you haven't made payments and broght the account current, and gotten behind again, the answer is no.

Message 5 of 6
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

I'm going to post this in another forum.. but I am still super confused on about the second mortgage. We lost our home in 2012... the second mortgage (equity loan company)... never answered the foreclosure suit by the 1st mortgage holder... and then just disappeared for three years until they popped back up in 2015. I have no idea what the final balance paid to the original mortgage company was.. but they walked away with zero balance notifications. It seems to me that since the home is gone, the mortgage is gone.. shouldn't they have to get a suit against me for the defeciency instead of just listing the balance of the original loan, which doesnt have collateral attached to it anymore. I'm so confused.. maybe I should hire an attorney.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.