Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Chase Account and inaccuracy's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Chase Account and inaccuracy's

I have an old Chase account from 2007 (opened in 2007). It was IIB Ch13 filed Early march 2012.

It was moved to a "Portfolio recovery" at one point.

On Experian, the Chase Chase account notes show my "BK was in June of 2012" and it has a 120 day late for march 2012 and June 2012...

So It was IIB as of March 6th, 2012, but they show a late for march and JUNE of 2012...

I plan to dispute, but should I just ask that EX removes the whole tradeline?

Probably best to do this in writing I'm guessing?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Old Chase Account and inaccuracy's

Personally, I would leave it be. The BK is what is affecting the account most. It'll gain you a couple of months in regards to most recent late, but it can also cause you many headaches. I've had multiple problems when I dispute my accounts that were IIB. If the DOFD is correct, you probably won't gain anything from the dispute.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm.

I'd think that even a 5-6 year old 120/150 day late is harmful.

I guess the thought is the tradeline may get removed if they don't fix it...

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I see (verify) the DOFD?

Message 4 of 7
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

A 120 day late is harmful, but not more harmful than an account IIB.  My Bk was 6/11.  My DOFD was incorrect on my mortgage so I disputed it.  Now I'm fighting the mortgage company because they updated the account to show foreclosure with a recent 120 day late and a DOFD of 10/16.  This account was supposed to fall off my reports next month.  I've also had problems with Ally and their reporting.  I've come to realize it would have been better to leave it alone and let it fall off next year with the Bk.  

You can find the DOFD on your free annual credit reports, or you can call the CRA's and they will tell you what it is on that account.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie...

I'll print out my CR's and verify DoFD's...

Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In the described scenario, there would not be a DOFD.

DOFD only applies to collectins and charge-offs, and is defined as the date of the first delinquency in the chain of continued delinquency that includes a reported charge-off or collection. 

There will be no reported DOFD if there was no reported charge-off or collection.

Monthly delinquencies become excluded no later than 7 years from their individual dates of occurence.  They are not excluded based on DOFD.

Chpt 13 BK becomes excluded after 7 years, and is similarly not based on DOFD.

Only the reported adverse info is required to become excluded, and not the entire OC account.

To obtain deletion of the entire account, you can send a good will request to the creditor.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.