Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Collection Reporting New Date

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Old Collection Reporting New Date

Hi all,

I had an old collection for an unpaid Time Warner cable bill for $209 on my report. It was opened 10/08/2009 and first reported 01/22/2010. It was from 2008 so it may have been on there earlier too. The company was Credit Management. Recently this collection disappeared from my report and was replaced by a completely new one from Enhanced Recovery Corp. They are reporting the date opened as 06/01/2012 and the date reported as 08/05/2012. I'm annoyed because this now looks like a new, recent account past due when it's actually from 2008. I have not received any mail or phone calls from them. Are they allowed to do this? And if so, what's the best way to deal with it? I've tried phoning Time Warner to pay them the amount owed but I'm having trouble getting them to reply to me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Target1212
Regular Contributor

Re: Old Collection Reporting New Date

I'm wondering this too I got a bad ding from asset acceptance saying their account opened 11/11 when the dofd is 05/09
Message 2 of 5
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I don't actually know what the DoFD is but I expect it was sometime in 2008/early '09.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 3 of 5
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

I'm having a similar problem with American Collections.  They pretty much update it every month or two.  It's from 2006, but dated this month.

Message 4 of 5
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I've had two so far. One last month on Experian and one this month on Equifax. Willing to pay but I just want to know most advantageous way to deal with it. I'm a Time Warner Cable customer again now and have perfect history with them the second time around, so I'd like to be able to just pay them for the original debt (forgot to return a cable box).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.