Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Collections Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Collections Removal

Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a question/issue on collections.

I have a collection on my credit report from a medical charge that I was not responsible for. While it has since been paid by the insurance company responsible, it still shows up on my credit score/report (albeit with a $0 figure), and I'm afraid that is severely effecting my scores.

I am not sure what the process is for removing this. I tried heading to Equifax/Experian Online Dispute, but one didn't even show the collection, and the other I just wrote an explanation and submitted (haven't heard anything since). Does anyone have better advice?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Old Collections Removal

Which CRA is the tradeline on? 

You can dispute it online with the option of, "Insurance paid this, not responsible" or something amoung those lines. It'll be there.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Collections Removal

Did you tried all CRA's? I noticed you did not mentioned Transunion. My best sugestion is that you request a current copy of your credit reports from all three agencies (In most states you are allowed to a free credit report from all the bureaus once every year), check to see where the account is been reported and then dispute it with the agency that's reporting it, (I wouldn't do it online if I was you). I would send it certified with return receipt requested and wait the 30 days, if no answer, call them to check the status, at least you would have proof that they received the dispute.

Good Luck on that one. !!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.