APVA

Re: Old Debt - Maiden Name

As for your maiden name issue, I am experiencing the same thing...  Some very old debt in the wrong name. 

I called the 3 bureaus, and was told they won't change the name on my CR until I changed it with the original creditor.   Just a heads up.

How does someone obtain their entire credit file?

Starting scores: Experian 650; Equifax 639; Trans U 640 (Jan 2013)
Senior Contributor
DaBears

I would have to agree with Guiness as the debt does fall off your CR it goes into our file at the CRA's. If you are getting a Mortgage for $150,000.00 or more there is a good chance the underwriter could request your whole credit file. The process of getting home loan now a days has become very long and difficult. I reside in IL as well. I had a consumer attorney handle my Credit Reports from all 3 CRA's.

Shogun

It is possible that they can pull your full credit file as said before.  I totally agree with that, however, this is not the norm.  It doesn't happen on a regular basis.  The asking of the question if you have any outstanding debt does come into play.  You want to answer truthfully, so I always suggest paying/settling these old debts. Even if it's 10% or so, you could honestly then say you don't have any unpaid debt.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+