Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Judgement (Medical) paid 5+ years ago still shows on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Judgement (Medical) paid 5+ years ago still shows on CR

I had a medical judgment that was paid-off in a refinance 5+ years ago—but the pay-off was never recorded. The judgment still shows on my credit report ($11,500)

Do I dispute this through ScoreWatch "dispute letters"?

I have all of the closing papers from the earlier refinance which paid the judgment at closing--do I attempt to just record a satisfaction? IF I DO THAT, what is the score impact (e.g. would it appear that I just NOW paid the judgment?)

With the judgment in place my EQ Score is 712 and I am looking for another refinance and don't want to knock my score down when I really need it to go up a few points!

Loan Amount: $180K; LTV < 50%; Income:$105K/yr.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Judgement (Medical) paid 5+ years ago still shows on CR

Judgments remain 7 years from date filed.

I have no experience with judgments, but I don't believe you get any score change for it being satisfied vs unsatisfied.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Judgments remain 7 years from date filed.

I thought it was 7 years from date paid for judgments?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgments report 7 years from date filed. Also Because the report date is old, I would not have it changed to show paid. This would update and FICO may read it as a new judgment. This would cause a score drop.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-10-2008 11:06 AM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.