Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Judgement--need help on how to proceed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Judgement--need help on how to proceed

I have a judgement from 2008 that recently fell off my CR. The judgement wasn't renewed within 5 years so it can no longer be enforced via lien or garnishment. However, I do want to get it settled. I was advised on another post to see if I can offer 15% to get it satisfied since it has been so long.

My question is, I tried to look up the attorney from the judgement and he is no longer a practicing attorney but a judge. At the time, he was working for Bennett Law. Should I contact them or contact Midland Funding (who the judgement is from)? And would you suggest sending a letter or calling them?

Any advice is appreciated..thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Judgement--need help on how to proceed

Actually, you might try contacting the court where it was obtained and see about getting it extinguished/vacated since it has not been renewed. Such "abandoned claims" are often removed from the public record in most jurisdictions, its just a matter of finding out the process for getting it done.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.