cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Medical Collection popped up, Is it possible to do a HIPPA letter?

tag
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Old Medical Collection popped up, Is it possible to do a HIPPA letter?

We will close in Approx. 60days if not sooner and I have an old Medical collection that popped up last month, Will the HIppa process place the accts in "dispute" status or should I leave well enough alone? I dont know the best route but could use the 27 points that it dropped me.

I dont want to risk it showing as a dispute on my reports because of the mortgage I cant have anything under dispute....

Whats the best route? I called and asked for a PFD and the Rep advised once its paid they will delete it from the reports but he could not give me a letter.....but gaurateed it would be removed after payment or that the acct would be put on hold if I set up arragements

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Old Medical Collection popped up, Is it possible to do a HIPPA letter?

The HIPAA Process cannot b discussed on this board you would need to create the creator of that program for help on it. This is there most likely because they were informed of your mortgage pull this is when they come out, they want the money and they most likely will delete as soon as you pay them so give em a call and make agreement for a PFD. Verbal is just as good as written

Message 2 of 4
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

i apologize. I just didnt want to run the risk of paying and it not being deleted

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 3 of 4
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

I went through a series of steps by calling the CA and speaing with a unit manager to make a verbal agreement to have the actual account removed and I PIF on 12/29, the manager advised they would be reoving withing 30-45 days.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.