Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old NFCU Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old NFCU Charge Off

Hey All

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with an old NFCU Checking account charge off.

I had an account many years ago... well over 10 years ago.  I thought the account was closed but when I opened a new account last week and couldn't create an online account they told me it was because I had a really old charged off account. It was so old that they couldn't find it in their database, and had to submit a request to research it. 

If they find it and it's a reasonable amount is it worth it to pay it? If I do will I be a full member with online access?

Basically they told me to call back Thursday to see if there was a notation on my account regarding the research

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Old NFCU Charge Off

I think there might be a thread in the bankruptcy forum that would give you some good information.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 6
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Typically they will allow you to be eligible for their products if you pay.  I recently contacted them about a charge off (I still have an active online acct with them), they told me the amount and said whatever works for me they would accept (as far as how I pay, ig payments, etc) but I must pay in full, once I do that I am eligble for their products again.  I've been looking at some of their approvals and would love to get another, one day.  So I will be paying mine off and hopefully they will give me another shot, since my transgression are almost 10yrs old...

Let us know what you decide!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to give you all an update.... NFCU Reviewed the old account.  It seemed that a check I had deposited was returned after I closed the account over 11 years ago.  They removed all of the fees and allowed full access to the new account I opened.  I decided to press my luck a little... was denied the CLOC but was approved for the CashRewards with a $16,600 SL 15.65%.  Beat my highest limit by $14,600 and that $2000 card was just increased to that and isn't showing on my credit report!  Oncce I have the card in hand Victoria Secret, Fingerhut, Care Credit, Ashley furniture and possibly Discover secured (12 statements and still secured) and Capital One Platinum are going on the chopping block!  I don't need them for available credit anymore! 

So pumped.  USAA wouldn't give me the time of day!

Thank you to everyone on this board.  I know we're all at different points in our rebuild but the constant encouragement and non-judgemental attitude of everyone is a godsend!

Message 4 of 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting back in their good graces!  You busted that door wide open!  Their underwriting is so interesting.  I read about people who get approved for the cc's a lot but can't get approved for the CLOC.  I'm the opposite.  Was approved for a $5000 CLOC and an auto loan, but was denied a CC.  At least my foot is in the door.

Congrats again on the card and great SL!!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 6
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Awesome congrats on the approval!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.