Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Navy Synchony card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Navy Synchony card

I had an ON card with a $1,200 balance. I had been paying it down monthly. In July I had a baby and had some complications and was out of work for an extended period of time without pay. I called the company and they were less than helpful and I fell behind.

Last week I called again to see if I could get some assistance getting the balance paid before they charged it off. The lady that I talked to again was pretty rude and wouldn't budge in anything outside of paying $500 that day unless I agreed to settle right then and there. At the same time I sent a customer service inquiry through the website advising them of my situation and the reasons I fell behind. I just received a message from customer service advising that they removed $150 in late fees and brought the account current with a $75 payment instead of a $500 payment.

Do you think it is worth asking for a goodwill adjustment of the late pays? It is reporting as five missed payments. I don't want to press my luck but those late pays drug my score down from a 640 to a 499. :/

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Navy Synchony card

@Anonymous wrote:

I had an ON card with a $1,200 balance. I had been paying it down monthly. In July I had a baby and had some complications and was out of work for an extended period of time without pay. I called the company and they were less than helpful and I fell behind.

Last week I called again to see if I could get some assistance getting the balance paid before they charged it off. The lady that I talked to again was pretty rude and wouldn't budge in anything outside of paying $500 that day unless I agreed to settle right then and there. At the same time I sent a customer service inquiry through the website advising them of my situation and the reasons I fell behind. I just received a message from customer service advising that they removed $150 in late fees and brought the account current with a $75 payment instead of a $500 payment.

Do you think it is worth asking for a goodwill adjustment of the late pays? It is reporting as five missed payments. I don't want to press my luck but those late pays drug my score down from a 640 to a 499. :/

Absolutely send the GW letters.  They can't hurt

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Navy Synchony card

Its definitely worth a try.  U wont know unless you try.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.