Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Rent Reporting on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Rent Reporting on CR

Back in 2005, I had to leave a bad situation and had to break a lease agreement. The penalty was somewhat steep, about 1800. Of course I didn't have the 1800 just laying there, so it was my understanding I would be able to pay it back over time, and they did this...So I thought. I paid it within 4 months and everything was cool. I looked recently on my CR and there is a CTL Management collection agency reporting this debt. The name of the company who owned the apartments or at least managed them was also ctl management, so they must have their own in house collections.

I am very upset because I made payments based on what they wanted and this still got sent to collections. It's not like I asked for a loan and I stopped paying on it. It may be perfectly legal, but do I have any recourse at all besides GW?

My concern is, one CRA says its a repo, one says its a collection, and one says its goods i took, and there may be a balance due. ?!?!?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cgreer72
Regular Contributor

Re: Old Rent Reporting on CR

Is it showing as "paid" on you CR?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is what it shows:

-Account No.: 30900****30900**** 30900**** 
-Condition: DerogatoryClosed (Paid)Derogatory
-Balance: $0   $0
-Type: Rental agreementRental agreementRental agreement
-Pay Status: Collection/ChargeoffRepossessionRepossession
Message 3 of 5
cgreer72
Regular Contributor

OK, I just went through the same thing. It is showing as paid. Just because its paid does not mean that it will be removed from your CR. Unless you and the OC or CA agreed to do a PFD (paid for delete). I just paid on a collection to an apt complex and mine still remains on my CR as well...again, showing as paid. You could try a GW letter.

It also shows a 0 balance. Not sure why it says repo. Where you evicted?

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Back in 2005, I had to leave a bad situation and had to break a lease agreement. The penalty was somewhat steep, about 1800. Of course I didn't have the 1800 just laying there, so it was my understanding I would be able to pay it back over time, and they did this...So I thought. I paid it within 4 months and everything was cool. I looked recently on my CR and there is a CTL Management collection agency reporting this debt. The name of the company who owned the apartments or at least managed them was also ctl management, so they must have their own in house collections.

I am very upset because I made payments based on what they wanted and this still got sent to collections. It's not like I asked for a loan and I stopped paying on it. It may be perfectly legal, but do I have any recourse at all besides GW?

My concern is, one CRA says its a repo, one says its a collection, and one says its goods i took, and there may be a balance due. ?!?!?

Yes, they can send it to collections even though you were paying on it.  No, about all you can do now is send GW letters.

Unless you had a prior agreement with them, in writing, that they would not send it to collections not much can be done.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.